Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Lush's the Happy Pill

Like any girl, I love baths. Not your regular tub filled with water and a sprinkle of shampoo for bubbles. I'm talking all out luxurious baths. It isn't uncommon for me to slip in a bath bomb, a bubble bar, and some small fizzes. These baths sometimes run me $10 a pop. If my boyfriend were aware of my bathing prices he'd be pretty mad at me. But what's he know? Besides, I have to be smelling good, for him; yeah, for him.
Lush is a secret pleasure of mine that I dip into whenever I have the spare cash.
I have tried a lot of their bath bombs, but there was one bomb in particular that just didn't speak to me. It was plain looking and different, and did not remind me of a bath bomb at all. It is called The Happy Pill.
The Happy Pill is a bath bomb hand made by Lush, it is a round disc shaped bomb, that resembles a giant pill. One side of the pill is yellow, and the other is orange. These colors automatically made me think that this bath bomb was going to smell like lemon and orange. The Happy Pill is one of Lush's larger bombs they sell, at a whopping 6.3 ounces I assumed this sucker could be cut in half.
PACKAGING:
You can pick this bomb up at any local Lush store, or you can purchase it online for $5.70 plus $8.20 for shipping. The price is a little too high for a bath bomb, seeing how they are meant for one time use. Some of Lush's bombs though can be cut in half for later use, but this always turns out to be a gigantic mess. The Happy Pill Though looked as if it could be easily cut down the middle due to its disc like shape.
The Happy Pill when ordered online will come in a standard Lush box. If you have ordered from Lush before you know what I am talking about. If not, its basically a standard cardboard box with Lush's signature scrawled on it in random places. It also will be taped up with Lush tape that reads 'sealed with a kiss.' My bath bombs from Lush always come in excellent condition, and usually take about 2 weeks to arrive to my doorstep.
APPEARANCE:
The Happy Pill looks just like what you see online at www.Lush.com. Most of the time Lush's products look nothing like what you actually get, but The Happy Pill came resembling it's photo. It however was a lot bigger than I imagined it was. I would have cut it up into sections for later use, but I figured I wouldn't get the whole 'happy experience' if I did that.
SCENT:
When I opened my box, a citrus scent hit me, but it really was not the citrusy smell I thought it would be. It was an orange like scent yes, but it was mixed with an Herby earth like scent. Oh gee... look at that, it's got cannibus in it. Hah! Maybe that was what I was smelling, maybe this is why they called it a happy pill? Maybe the cannibus is what will make me 'feel happy'.
WHAT LUSH SAYS ABOUT THE HAPPY PILL:
Not all bathing delights are spherically shaped. Vigorous scientific and bathing explorations have proven this successfully. The Happy Pill is a lean mean, citrus disc of cleansing prowess with bergamot and frankincense to soothe and comfort.
USE:
I ran a tub of hot water, and popped in the entire Happy Pill, it fizzed, and fizzed, and fizzed some more. I jumped in the tub, and the scent hit me. It was subtle, and nice. I smelled the orange like scent and the herbly smell again. The scent however in the tub was lighter than it was when I first smelled it out of the box.
The water began to turn a cloudy creamsicicle like colored orange. It was pretty, and I had never gotten orange water from any bath products, so I thought it was cool...did it make me happy? Actually, yeah, sort of.
The water felt creamy and soft, and the pill just kept on going. As it fizzed it left a lovely creamy thin layer on the top of my bath water. The Happy Pill took at least 10-15 minutes to completely run out. What I was left with was a pleasant mild citrus earthy scent. I liked it!
MY SKIN:
After stepping out of the tub, my skin did feel like silk, but as soon as I towel dried off, the silky feeling was gone. My skin however was softer, and the light scent did stay with me for a good half hour after soaking in the tub with the pill.
OVERALL:
I enjoyed The Happy Pill and probably would order it again when I have the extra money to pay for it. I enjoy the subtle scent, and how long lasting it is. Out of 5 stars I'd give this one a 4. Minus one star just because I find the pricing to be too high.

No comments:

Post a Comment