Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Nivea Visage Anti-Wrinkle & Firming Creme

I'm 25, and I like to laugh, at anything and everything. But hey, did you know being happy can take a toll on your face? Did you know it causes laugh lines and the dreaded wrinkles.
I guess I've been a happy person for 25 years, I guess I've been smiling since being in utero, because I notice something on my face that I do not like! I notice a small new growth called crows feet. Yep! Crows feet, they've been walking on my eyes for years I guess, and it is time for them to fly away. Damn crows!
I figured while I'm young I may as well try and stop these bastards from breeding. But how? I had used a few things in my past, and with most things I try almost 99.9% of them sucked. I've used day creams, night creams, in between creams. For cryin out loud, I've used them all, and guess what? The damn crows still peck.
I have used zit creams from Nivea and when I spotted a small porcelain bottle of anti wrinkle & firming creme, I figured why not? Maybe it will kill the crows, and if it doesn't maybe it'll stop the crows from breeding and having babies.
Okay so, the box promised all of this great information. How using this will make my skin more elastic. That was off, I wanted tighter skin, not elastic. But hey, what do I know? The word elastic just freaks me out, but whatever. Nivea also promised that 'continued use helps to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Cool, it sounded like I needed it. Yep, I needed it.
The creme comes in a small 1.7 ounce jug. The jug looks porcelain, and I imagined that the jug was why the creme was so damn expensive. It was around $15 plus tax. Not what I'm used to spending on creme, but hey, it was Nivea, and Nivea is good. It helped with my zits...wait maybe that was Oxy? Ahhh... crap!
I unscrewed the lid, and my nose was greeted by a lovely baby like scent. New baby dolls to be precise, a plasticy yet lovely scent. I washed my face first, and then applied the creme. It absorbed pretty quickly, but it left behind a slight sticky and greasy residue that I do not like. I have oily skin to begin with, so I worried that putting this oily like creme onto my face would cause major break outs.
I looked in the mirror and sure enough I was shining like a Christmas light. Ew! This was definitely a creme I could not wear out, or under my makeup. I don't like shining like a mirror, I go through hell trying to subdue it, and now this frigging creme is making me look like a grease pit.
I instead vowed to use it at night. With time my skin did feel softer, but nothing to make me buy more of it. I did not notice my 'crows feet' vanishing or even diminishing in appearance. It was the same as it ever was. Now this is about a month after daily use. One would think they'd see some sort of result, but I saw nothing of the sort. Great!
What I was seeing though was zits. I was breaking out more than usual, and it pissed me off because I was sacrificing clear skin for pimply skin but with less wrinkles, but I still had the wrinkles. Basically every night I was applying zits to my face, in order to obtain softer skin. The wrinkle remained the same, and now I have pimples. God I must be lookin fine! Bah!
Active Ingredient:
Octyl Methoxycinnamate
Warnings:
Avoid getting this gunk in your eyes, don't eat it, and discontinue use is you get rashes or your skin feels irritation. You know the same warning sign on nearly every product. Basically don't be dumb. Derrrrr!
Where to find it:
Walmart carries it, and I have also seen it in nearly every drug store. Prices will range from $12-$20.
Overall:
Crap! Total 100% crap. I love how companies bottle up crap and put a bunch of lovely promises in writing on the box. Lies in pretty boxes is what we call them. Avoid this one, and go and get some Botox.

No comments:

Post a Comment