Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of LUSH Sultana of Soap

LUSH ITEM OF THE WEEK: SULTANA OF SOAP
Oh yeah!
Sultana of soap is another handmade cut from the block all natural soap from Lush. I lately have been obsessed with all things Lush. Everything they make is completely unique from items you will find at any regular beauty shop or drug store. The scents are like no other, and best of all Lush does not test on animals. Most products they make are vegetarian as well.
It is not unusual to buy a piece of soap that contains nuts, fruit, sand, vegetables and sea salt. (Sometimes you will even get products containing glitter)
Sultana of soap contains raisins (even though the description failed to mention this), dried out cranberries, currents, and apricot.
My bar however seemed to contain nuts, even though this was not in the description either. The soap itself is white with small particles of crunched currents and apricots. The top of the soap contains a nice little pile of raisins and cranberries. The soap that I got looked similar to the picture I have added, only my bar was misshaped square. Again, I preferred it this way only because it made cutting the soap easier.
Why would I cut the soap?
Well if you have never ordered from Lush before you may not know that their soaps melt quite quickly. When I get my bars I cut them into sample sized pieces ensuring more use from my bar. Out of the 3.5oz bar I get about 8-10 sample sized pieces. I take only one in the shower with me, and the rest I leave in a cool dry place, or I put them in a plastic container and save them in the fridge.
Sultana is a creamy soap, and cutting it was like slicing butter. However some of the cranberries and raisins may fall off of the top while you are cutting your bar, so be gentle!
SMELLS LIKE HEAVEN:
In the shower Sultana preforms better than most Lush soaps I have used. The lather was nothing to brag about, but compared to other soaps from Lush, it was pretty decent. The lather itself was not luscious or bubbly, but it was more like a lotion type lather. Creamy, but not silky.
The scent really stinks the place up once warm water hits the bar; but in a good way! Most Lush soaps have a very strong overpowering scent, that will last and last for hours. This is what Lush is known for, the soaps with a kick. It's like caffeine for your skin, and the scents last!
With Sultana I could detect the light scent of apricot and almond. Although there is no almonds in it, this was a distinctive scent I could easily detect. It was lovely. I rubbed the bar all over my body, and the raisin particles began to fall to the floor. These raisins surely would not rinse down the drain, so I had a few to pick up after I was done. It was annoying, yes, but the scent really made up for that little problem.
Mainly what I look for in my Lush products is not how well they moisturize, but how long the scent lasts. I can proudly report that the lovely scent will stay with you for hours after using Sultana. The moisturization it gave is nothing to write home about, but it was pretty nice compared to most soaps I have used.
All in all Sultana of soap is a must have from Lush. It has become one of my favorites, and I see myself ordering this over and over again.
Now that you have all of that information, lets talk about where to get a piece of you own.
If you are luck enough to have a Lush store nearby you can easily purchase it there in any ounce size you want. However if you're one of the unlucky ones like me, we have no choice but to order this from the Lush website at www.Lush.com. The soap itself will cost you $4.95 for a 3.5oz bar.
Shipping rates stink! That's probably the only downside of ordering from Lush. It will cost you $8.20 to have Lush ship to you with standard UPS. It will take anywhere from 10-15 days to get your order to you. The wait is killer, but well worth it in the end.
Honestly though if you're about to make you first purchase from Lush, be sure to add in Sultana; a sure to please soap.
HOW TO MAKE SULTANA:
Sodium Palm Kernelate, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Dried Apricots (Prunus armeniaca), Dried Currants (Ribes rubrum), Titanium Dioxide, Dried Cranberries (Vaccinium macrocarpon), Olibanum Oil (Boswella Carterii), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate

No comments:

Post a Comment