Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Bath & Body Works 100% Pure Honey Vanilla Bean Foaming Shower Gel

My first dive into the 100% Pure line at Bath & Body Works is recent. My first trial with this company was with Strawberry Lemonade, which I really loved. Usually when I find a company I love, my mission is to try them all, and expose them for their greatness or their horrors. Sometimes both.
What is 100% Pure:
Well it's a company that uses pure ingredients in their products. In this particular product they used pure Tahitian vanilla with soothing honey to create 100% Pure Honey Vanilla Bean.
100% Pure Honey Vanilla Bean comes in a clear plastic bottle, shaped like a bottle. It's pretty easy to recognize in the store, and will sit with it's sister scents. On the plastic bottle is a sticker with the company name, and the scent. Honey Vanilla Bean comes with 16 ounces of gel.
The gel itself is a creamy colored off white, and when I first spotted it, I must say that it looked bland. I usually only buy colorful bath gels, but when I got a little closer and read the scent on the bottle, I figured it was at least worth a sniff test.
Honey Vanilla Bean smelled wonderful, I could actually smell vanilla bean, which reminded me of Turkey Hill ice cream, and I could also recognize the subtle hint of honey. All in all, this scent was mouth watering, and this scent was coming home with me. I handed the counter woman my $13.00 pls.tx, and went on my merry little way.
On Bath & Body's website it stated that I could use this as a body wash, and as a bubble bath. However they failed to mention anything about using it as shampoo. I intended on doing so regardless.
Honey Vanilla Bean went for its first dip into my bath. I poured a few cap fulls under running water, and watched as a small stream of bubbles formed. The bubbles were weak, and honestly I wasn't surprised. It seems that gels no matter how expensive never make for good bubble baths. In the tub the water felt the same, there was nothing silky or smoothing about the way my water felt, the waters scent though was a different story. It reeked of yummy delicious vanilla bean ice cream. All I needed was a spoon.
After stepping out of the tub and drying off, I could smell the vanilla bean fragrance all around me. The scent stood with me for a good half an hour or so, and then faded into nowhere land.
Overall though, when used as a bubble bath, vanilla bean was a flop. It made some bubbles, but they all popped out in a few minutes. The scent was lovely, and did stay with me for quite some time. However when used for a bubble bath, all you are really getting is nice smelling water.
My next experience with Honey Vanilla Bean was to use it as body wash. I poured a quarter amount of the gel onto my bath pouf, and began rubbing it all around on my skin. The lather was ridiculous, no wonder they call it 'foaming' gel! I say that in a good way. I had so much silky suddy bubbles wrapping me up. I loved it, and the scent also was a sweet touch to the senses.
The suds all rinsed off without leaving any nasty residue or icky greasy feeling behind on my skin. The scent like the bubble bath, also stood with me for a short amount of time. No matter though, I enjoyed it while it lasted, and it worked wonders as a wash.
My next session with Honey Vanilla Bean was to use it as shampoo. I don't care if that is what it is intended for or not, I always use washes and gels as shampoo. Why not?
I poured a decent amount of the gel into my palm, and rubbed it into my scalp. The lather again was fantastic, and I had more suds than I needed. After rinsing the foam from my hair, my hair was left feeling squeaky clean, but a tad bit dry. Nothing conditioner couldn't fix.
Once my hair was dry, it was left looking lovely, and not to mention the fact that the honey vanilla bean scent stood with me for the entire day. I could smell it all throughout my hair as I moved around.
In my opinion 100% Pure Honey Vanilla Bean is a must have bath treat. It can be used as a wash, bubble bath, and according to my hairs standards; a shampoo.
It is a scent that any vanilla lover would love. I recommend you give it a try. You can purchase it at any local Bath & Body Works, or online at their site. www.bathandbodyworks.com. The price still remains at $13.00 as of now, but there are times when you can pick it up for half off or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment