Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of LUSH - Karma Soap

I've never been a hippie except for the exception of Halloween. I've been in and out of head shops however and I associate the smell with hippies, and rainbows, and all of that good stuff from the 80's.
When I was told Lush's Karma soap smelled just like a head shop I had to try it out for myself. I love the scent of patchouli, and this is the main scent you get from Karma soap.
However when my sunny side up orange bar came in the mail, the scent actually reminded me more of a shop where supposed 'witches' sell you herbs and oils to use in rituals. I have always been fond of these shops, I love the mystery they try and sell, and most of all I love how every time I walk into the mall I can smell the witch shop.
I wasn't about to smell like a Hippie, I was about to become a witch!!!! Akkk akkk akk hhharrr!!!!!
Follow your nose...
Thats exactly what the Karma bar smelled of. I could see how some people could compare it to a head shop, but for me...It takes me to the magic shop when associating its scent with anything familiar.
Anyways, Karma can be bought at any local Lush store in a larger cut, but online you are limited to buying the 3.5 ounce bar for $7.60. I will admit the price nearly chased me away, but let me tell you a little bit about Karma before you turn it down.
Karma has to be the strongest, longest lasting soap I have EVER used from Lush. , and believe me, I have used nearly all of them, and Karma by far sticks out above and beyond all of the rest.
TIP- If you order Karma bar, order it alone if possible. I once ordered this bar with 3 other soaps, and those 3 other soaps smelled of Karma just because they rested in the same box as Karma during transit.
Karma soap is a glycerin based soap, so it is recommended to cut this bar into sample sized pieces, if you use the whole bar in one shower, a lot will melt, and if you leave it in the shower soap dish you will find it a pile of slime the next day, so cut your soap into bout 7-8 pieces and store the leftovers in a dresser draw. (The scent will be left on your clothing).
I didn't even have to shower to get the scent of Karma to stick with me for the entire day and night, and into the next day. As I cut the soap the scent naturally stuck to my hands. That scent stood with me for 24 hours, and some. I was only imagining what it would be like all over me. Would it be too overpowering?
Actually, yes. (For some though, it's heaven)
In the shower Karma does not produce much of a lather. The suds are weak, but the scent becomes 10 times stronger. I rubbed it all around, and was amazed at how powerful the scent had become with each stroke. The entire bathroom smelled of Karma, even after the shower the bathroom still smelled of it for hours.
Karma did not dry out my skin or leave any residue behind, but it sure left the scent. I was in full bloom Karma, ready to start the day.
Almost everyone that walked by me, or I walked by complimented the scent, and they could not believe I got such a powerful punch from a bar of soap. This soap is like no other, and shouldn't even be labeled 'soap'. Its an invention all its own.
The scent lasted on me till my next shower the next day. This however may be the only downside about Karma; after 24 hours of such a powerful lasting scent, you may get sick of it.
You really have to have an acquired liking to patchouli in order to appreciate this soap. It's one of them scents that you will either love, or hate. But if you like the scent of head shops, or little magic supply stores, this is the scent for you.
Now for the Karma name... I didn't get any good karma that day, nor bad. So the bar kept me balanced. Haha!
OH YEAH!
Karma is definitely worth a dip into the wallet!
However, like I said, if you are not a person who loves nag champa incense and patchouli, steer clear of this soap. Everyone else; you're going to love Karma soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment