Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Castelbel Porto Olive Soap

I have an obsession with soaps, but seeing how my closet is becoming a little over clustered with my products, I now only seek out the most unique soaps I can find, and recently I had a run in with a trio of unique soaps from Castelbel Porto. In the trio one soap in particular stuck out as somewhat unusual; olive soap.
Olive soap came packaged in a wax wrap with pictures of olives floating all about. I wondered if this would be the worst smelling soap I had ever smelled, and to be honest the pictures of the floating olives was really not at all appealing, so I saved this soap for last.
When I actually opened the soap I got greeted by an odd scent, but all together it was pleasant. Like the rest of the soaps in the trio olive soap did smell a bit like olives, but with a sweeter kick to it. I liked the smell, but the soap itself was sort of ugly. Booger green. It was meant to look like the color of a green olive, but it reminds me more of snot. Haha!
I took my large snotty soap into the shower, and I knew it would be a real pain in the butt trying to hold this one without dropping it. Like the rest of the soaps in the trio this one also weighs in at 350g. It's large, it's heavy, and it's made for a manly mans hands.
In the shower I rubbed the large brick of soap across my body, it was difficult working up lather at first simply because I dropped the stupid block of snot like 100 times. The lather though was rich and creamy, and like the other soaps I wondered if it was really all natural like the box had said. Usually all natural soaps give a smooth lather, and they never include tons of suds like this soap had.
The scent was present in the shower, but a hell of a lot weaker than when I had originally smelled it.
I rinsed the soap off of my skin, hoped out of the shower and dried off. My skin felt moisturized and squeaky clean, but the sweet olive scent was gone. That was a good thing though, it was a scent I didn't want sticking around for too long, only because it was so odd.
This had been the only soap in the trio that actually left my skin feeling hydrated and so clean my legs felt like rubber. If I am able to find this particular soap sold alone, I probably would purchase it again.
One issue I have with olive soap though is it's size. It's far too large to handle well in the shower. If the company would just cut it in half it would really make things easier. Also when a soap is all natural, or all vegetable it is nice to see small flakes of the actual vegetable in it. I was surprised this soap did not add anything of the sort.
Where to buy it?
You can purchase the trio which includes olive soap for $12.99; however the olive soap is honestly the only good soap in the trio.
You could purchase olive soap separately for $5.49 if it is available. The only spot I have ever seen these soaps are Target in the bath and beauty sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment