Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Bath & Body Works Fresh Pineapple Signature Shampoo/Conditioner Moisturizing Formula

When Fresh Pineapple was recently added into the summer scents this season, I hated it. The lotion smelled fake and the pineapple scent was overthrown with a strong scent of plastic coconuts. I avoided the new scent when it came to body sprays, washes, and lotions.
However I have a strong liking towards the signature shampoos and conditioners, and when I saw that this scent was also made as a conditioner I had to have it. I have tried all of Bath & Body Works conditioners with excellent results, and scents.
I popped the top and got a sniff of it before purchasing the bottle. It was that same scent I knew I did not like, but as a conditioner I knew I wouldn't mind. Weird I know, but I knew that using this would make my hair smell like coconuts, which I don't mind. Besides, I had every other scent in the collection, so giving this one a try was a must. When I saw that they were still on sale for 2 for $10, I figured I would sister it up and buy the shampoo as well. I bought the moisturizing formula, but this scent is also available in volumizing.
The bottles each hold 12 ounces of shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo bottle is clear and has a yellow transparent colored shampoo inside, while the conditioner is in more of a thick cloudy bottle. The conditioner is also yellow, but a murky cloudy yellow. Fresh Pineapple is easy to find seeing how it is the only bottle in the collection of shampoos and conditioners that includes a pineapple scent, not only that wedges of pineapple are clearly on the bottle, so it's pretty hard to miss unless you are half asleep.
The Shampoo-
I ran my hair under running warm water and squeezed about a handful into my hand. I began rubbing it into my hair, the lather worked up pretty quickly and the pineapple coconut scent hit me. It was pleasant in the shower, but I have used much better scents before. After squishing it around I rinsed off. The shampoo did leave my hair feeling a bit parched, but clean at the same time. I knew that once I used the moisturizing conditioner the dry feeling would be long gone.
The Conditioner-
After shampooing I applied about the same amount of conditioner into my hand and ran it through my hair. I had to use another small handful of it because I have long hair. It did not take long for my hair to begin to feel smooth and silky, but I waited it out for 3 minutes before rinsing.
Once rinsed my hair felt much softer, and the knots and parched feeling were history.
I got out of the shower, and I was able to easily run my brush through my hair without running into any snags. The scent was also still present, and it smelled exactly like I thought it would, coconut with barely a trace of pineapple. I am still baffled as to why this one was called fresh pineapple. It smells more like a tropical coconut. The pineapple wouldn't even be recognized if I didn't know it was in there.
After drying up my hair was left softer, and easier to manage. I liked it. The scent stood with me for the entire day, which was a plus. Usually scents don't last long in my hair, but when it comes to Signature shampoos and conditioners I always win.
Issues:
One issue, and the only issue I have with Fresh Pineapple shampoo and conditioner is that it is not the best scent in the collection. I foresee this one getting discontinued fast, because once everyone tries it, it most likely will not be a scent they come back for time and time again, when they have scents such as coconut lime verbena, and sweet pea sitting right next to it. Even though I got results I like, I can get better results and better scents with my money next time around. I probably wouldn't buy this one again unless it went on a $3.00 sale. It's just a shame that Bath & Body Works released a scent called Fresh Pineapple, that smells nothing like pineapple. Maybe next summer than can give it another go, and create something a tad more realistic.
What BBW says about Fresh Pineapple Shampoo:
"For dry, damaged or color-treated hair. Maximize your pampering experience with this superior moisturizing shampoo, available in our most popular Signature Collection scents. Nourishing formula seals in moisture and restores shine and manageability. Restores strength to color-treated hair, keeping it looking radiant. Leaves hair soft, silky and healthy "
Where to get it:
You can purchase this one right now at any local Bath & Body Works for 2 for $10.00. Sometimes these shampoos and conditioners go on sale for $3.00. However without any sales they will cost you $7.50.
Overall:
In my opinion Fresh Pineapple shampoo and conditioner works great, but the scent lacks, and why would one waste money on this scent when there is a slew of other scents that are just heavenly? My recommendation would be Moonlight Path.

No comments:

Post a Comment