Thursday, July 31, 2014

Bubbles of Rockport Chocolate Covered Cherry Bubble Bar Bath Candy

I love cherry cordials during Christmas time, and I love cherry cordial ice cream, so it was only natural that my first bubble bar purchased from Bubbles of Rockport was the chocolate covered cherry bubble bar.
I was hesitant to buy it at first because the site at www.bubblesofrockport failed to mention how many ounces the bubble bar was, and the low price of $4.95, I imagined this bubble bar was only an ounce big.
However my doubts were subsided when I emailed the website. I was told all of their bubble bars are 2.5oz. That's not bad, considering most of Lush's bubble bars are only an ounce bigger, and produce more than enough bubbles.
WHAT IS A BUBBLE BAR?
Bubble bars are the sweetest bath treat since the bath bomb was invented. No more of that runny gel that produces squat for bubbles, no more of the powder that does nothing but make the water smell good.
Bubble bars are a solid, yet not hard like a rock mass. They have a silky texture, and are easy to crumble under running water. Once the pounding water hits the pieces a luscious pile of bubbles begins to form. Bubble bars are sometimes so full of bubbles that you end up with a small amount of water and a huge cloud like pillow floating on top of it.
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY BUBBLE BAR:
What a cutie this one was. The initial bubble bar was brown like chocolate, and on top fused in with the bubble bar was a homemade bar of cherry shaped soap. It was nothing huge, but just enough soap to last me through one bath. This was something new to the bubble bar scene, and I liked it.
SCENT:
Yup, that's cherry cordials all right. I could smell a sweet fragrance of chocolate mixed with cherries making for the perfect combination. This was going to be like bathing in a fluffy sundae, without the guilt.
MY USE:
I ran my water, and began crumbling the bubble bar underneath. The soap I placed to the side for later use. Within a minute, I had a nice pile of scented bubbles in my tub. I was satisfied, it was easily just as good as any of Lush's high end bubble bars, and the scent was subtle yet present.
The water turned a murky light brown, but that is usual with bubble bars. Although I was not too fond of the color of my water, it felt smooth and silky on my skin.
The cherry shaped soap lasted throughout the bath, and was scented. But only slightly scented with cherry. I could smell it, but only if I lifted my arm up to my nose while using it. It lasted for quite some time, and I had the piece for about 3 or 4 showers afterward before it was gone.
The bubbles lasted a good 20 minutes before dying down to nearly nothing. Even though the bubble bar was lovely, I have had bars where the bubbles have lasted for the entire bath session.
SKIN:
My skin usually always feels moisturized, smooth, and silky after using bubble bars, and sure enough chocolate covered cherry was right up that alley. My skin did feel smooth, and the chocolaty scent stood with me for about a half an hour after the bath. Not bad, but I've had ones last much longer.
WHERE TO GET ONE:
You are either very lucky and live in Rockport, Massachusetts, or you have no choice but to order your bubble bars online at www.BubblesofRockport.com. This bar and every other bar on the site will run you $4.95 and shipping.
OVERALL:

For the cheap price tag, chocolate covered cherry is worth the dip. I could see myself ordering this one again, but that's after I try the other 50 of them first. For the cheap pricetag, chocolate covered cherry is worth the dip. I could see myself ordering this one again, but thats after I try the other 50 of them first.

No comments:

Post a Comment