Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Pie Paradise Lotion

Ohhhwiiieee! Halloween is my all time favorite holiday. It's the one night of the year that I can be someone else besides me. I can be a princess, or a witch, or a fairy, or a creature.
However, like we all know, it only happens once a year. You can't throw Halloween costume party's in July, even though I'm so tempted to. I love everything about Halloween, the trick-or-treaters, the way the sun fades at 3, and best of all the scents that come with Halloween. The smell of candy corn, pumpkins, and spicy apple cinnamon cider.
Recently while browsing through a local Bath & Body Works store I could smell Halloween. That spicy pumpkin cinnamon scent was somewhere in the room. Was it someone perfume, I wondered? Was it something I could buy here in the store?
Yes! I got the whiff of pumpkin pie as a girl in the store began rubbing a sample of some sort of lotion all over her skin. I got the shakes, and wanted to push her tush to the floor and grab whatever it was she had.
After a grueling 4 seconds the girl moved on, and I moved in. I picked up a bottle of lotion and walked up to the counter to buy it. Who would of thought lotion could capture a scent of Halloween.
What is this?
It was Pumpkin Pie Paradise lotion created by 'Temptations'. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!
I didn't have to do a lotion sample rub down in the store to know whether or not this was coming home with me. I grabbed the first bottle I saw, and checked it out. I was told by the girl at the counter that this scent would only be available again during their next semi annual sale. So being the girl I am, I went back and grabbed 4 more bottles. At $5 a pop it was well worth it.
The bottle of Pumpkin Pie Paradise is a golden light orange with the picture of a cartoon like pumpkin on the cover. There is 10 ounces of lotion within the bottle, and it has an easy to use click up cap.
I got home, stripped and began doing the full body lotion rub down. That's right, it smelled so damn good, I wanted to smell it everywhere. The lotion itself smells as real to pumpkin pie as a lotion can get. If I closed my eyes I could imagine the pie sitting right next to me. There was also a very light hint of cinnamon coming from the lotion. I was in love. I was actually tempted to go back and buy whatever they had left in stock.
Pumpkin Pie Paradise lotion by Temptations is a very light orange color, and reminded me of the color of fall leaves. The lotion itself is thick in consistency, but not overly thick where you are struggling to get it out of the bottle. It rubs on easily, and absorbs fast without leaving your skin feeling greasy or dirty.
SCENT POWER:
This is where I fell in love. Pumpkin Pie Paradise's scent lasts and lasts and...
I had the lovely scent of pumpkin pie on me for the majority of the day. The lotion may of not made my skin feel moisturized, but the scent was well worth the sacrifice.
The Temptations line at Bath & Body Works makes many different scented lotions with the same lasting power. I have tried them all, but Pumpkin Pie Paradise by far is my all time favorite.
They have captured the feeling of Halloween and placed it into a bottle.
FIND IT!
Pumpkin Pie Paradise is a bit harder to find as they are not offering it online as of now. However it comes back to the Bath & Body Works store every fall, and during there semi annual sales. The price is usually $8, but if you get it during the semi annual sales it's only $5. Even for $8 it is worth the price.
If you cannot wait till fall, or for the next semi annual sale you can always find this lovely lotion lurking all throughout www.ebay.com for reasonable prices.
RECOMMENDATION:
A big giant YES! It is a scent that lasts, and a scent that anyone who loves the fall will enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment