Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Lush Blue Skies Bubble Bar

About a month ago I used up the last bit of my Lush The Comforter Bubble Bar. I absolutely loved it. I was shocked by the amount of bubbles I got from the bar, and when I was about to re-order the bar recently, I decided to go with it's sister bubble bar. This bubble bar resembles The Comforter bubble bar to the tee; only this bubble bar is blue.
Lush promised that this bubble bar would bring me harmony, and fond memories of looking up at the blue sky. It all sounded sweet, but what interested me the most was that Blue Skies Bubble Bar was made with patchouli and frank incense. Two scents I love, and I imagined it would smell a lot like their Karma soap, which I love!
The bar was huge just like The Comforter, and came in a decent 7 ounce slab. The bar looks just like the picture I have included from the Lush website. It's a lovely blue, with a hypnotic wave of white swirling in it. The bar itself is silky and creamy to the touch, and the scent, ah yes... the scent was to die for. It smells just like the Karma soap, which has a lovely witchy type scent to it. Some say this scent reminds them of a head shop; but for me, it smells just like the local witches supply shop, where I can view crystal balls, tarot cards and other types of witch goodies.
Blue Skies resembles Karma soap, but it is a lot more subtle, which for me is a good thing, because as much as I love Karma soaps overpowering scent, sometimes it can be a bit too much.
I cute the large bar into 4's. Trust me this bar is so big that if you were stupid enough to throw the whole thing in you would end up with bubbles overflowing onto the floor.
I ran my bath water, and crumbled the piece under the running water. Immediately I was greeted by a lovely scented stream of bubbles. I left the bathroom to get a towel, and as I returned the bubbles were even bigger. I had in my tub now a huge fluffy white pillow of bubbles. Oh yeah... I could not wait to dip my butt into that tub.
I got into the tub, and immediately noticed how silky the water was. Ohhh... lattie, laddie, dahhhh..... ahhhhhhhh. The water was blue, a light colored blue, and the bubbles were white. Hmmm... cool man. I was on cloud 9.
I had so many bubbles I could not help but play with them, I tossed some piles in the air, some on the walls in the tub, and some in my hair. Yep, I felt like a kid in a candy store. After some time the water of course grew cold, and I had no choice but to get out and leave all my sudsy friends behind. Even when the water was completely drained, there were still bubbles left at the bottom of the tub. Basically what I'm trying to say is that these bubbles got that sweet lasting power that no other bubble does.
Afterward my skin was left smooth and silky for quite some time. Best of all though, the scent really had lasting power, just like the bubbles. A perfect 10 that Blue Skies is... a perfect 10. Kiss, kiss...dah'ling!
Blue Skies truly is that one of a kind Hollywood bath, where bubbles surround you up to your neck. I would recommend that everyone give this bar a try. You will NOT be disappointed.
For those of you who want to give Blue Skies a try visit your local Lush store, or buy a bar online at www.lush.com. The large 7 ounce bar will come to $9.95. It's truly worth the money, and you also get 4 baths out of it if you cut it. (Which I recommend you do).
Ingredients taken from Lush.com
Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Frankincense Resinoid (Boswelia carterii), Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum cassia), Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1,

No comments:

Post a Comment