Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Bodycology Coconut Lime Bath Bomb

Bath bombs are my specialty. My quest is to try them all; well at least as many as I can afford, or find. I've been to Lush and back, traveled to Rockport for their suds, and took a dip into the world of little known companies who make homemade bath bombs. (These; of course, were all virtual trips).
I came across the Bodycology bath products in Walmart and CVS, and when I noticed they had a line of giant bath bombs I bought them all up.
Coconut Lime was the first bath bomb I had ever tried from this company. I was hesitant to buy it because I was hugely disappointed in their other bathing products. However when I saw this 6.3 oz monster ball staring back at me in a tube of 3, for only $6, I knew it was worth a try. The bomb itself contains Aloe Vera, and Vitamin E, and looked like it contained no secret nasty floating surprises like some bath bombs do. (Sea weed, food, or cereal)
APPEARANCE:
Bodycology's Coconut Lime bath bombs come in a clear tube, 3 bombs are stacked neatly on top of one another, the tube itself has a picture of real coconut and limes on it. The tube is large, and is hard to miss. The bath bombs are all a cloudy lime green color.
THE SCENT:
Fabulous! I unscrewed the lid in the store and took a whiff. Lime and coconut were both very present, and there was no undertone of any chemical scents within the bomb. I couldn't wait to get it home and throw it into the tub.
USE:
The instructions read to fill the bath, and add one bomb. Other companies that sell large bath bombs usually recommend cutting them in half and saving the other half for another bath. However I find this task difficult and messy, and would like to see the bozo who recommended this bright idea, try to cut a bath bomb without destroying it!
Seeing how the price was so cheap for the 3 coconut lime bombs from Bodycology, I had no problem adding the entire bomb.
BATH:
The moment the bomb hit the water it began to fizz, and it created a very pale green foam in the area where it was melting. It took about 7 minutes for the entire thing to fizz out.
What I was left with though was wonderful! My bath water had turned a milky color, but not green like I thought it would (good no cheap dyes). The water was silky on my skin, and the scent was heavenly. I could smell lime and coconut everywhere. It reminded me of a tropical paradise, and I just layed there and let it soak it into my pores.
I remained in the bath until the water grew colder, and surprisingly the scent never faded. What was really nice was how it made the entire room smell like lime and coconut. Color me impressed!
SKIN:
After drying off, my skin felt completely moisturized, and silky to the touch. I truly did not think I would get this result from such a cheap bath bomb. I have used very expensive bombs that didn't even come close to making my skin feel like this. I was so impressed I scrunched my lips and nodded my head. The official seal of approval nod.
The best part for me though, was how the coconut lime scent lasted on my skin for a few hours after use.
GET YOUR OWN BOMBS!
You can purchase Bodycology's Coconut Lime bath bombs online at www.bodycology.us/, or you can take a trip to your local Walmart where they sell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment