Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review Clean & Clear Morning Burst Scrub with Bursting Beads

I love products that are in the home that I didn't buy, but I use. Hehe. My brother was actually the lovely fella who bought a tube of Clean & Clear Morning Burst Scrub With Bursting Beads. When I got a glimpse of it while sitting on the bowl in the morning I couldn't help but give it a try for myself.
I myself never really buy these facial cleansers, because Lush's Coalface works wonders for me. But this tube looked inviting, and I liked the orange beads that seemed to stand still in the clear gel cleanser.
I read the tube, and read all the promises of energy bursts for my skin! Scrubbing beads to gently exfoliate, (yep I could definitely see them), and that my skin will be softer, and more radiant when all is said and done.
How could I not give myself a sample? I knew if my picky brother caught me using his goods, I was in for a yipping. I used it anyway though. First I wet my face like the directions had called for, and then I squeezed a quarter amount size of the cleansing gel into my hand and scrubbed it all around.
The beads I could definitely feel, and they were actually very gentle and non-abrasive. The citrus scent was also nice, and not too potent or furniture polish scented. I liked it, it reminded me of Tang for my skin. The gel foamed up a tad, but it was not a huge bubbly lather.
After rubbing the gel around my face for about a minute I then began to rinse off. This is where I encountered difficulty. I splashed my face over and over again, and no matter how many times I did this, left over beads were stuck in my hair line, and on my face. It was annoying having to splash and splash over and over again, and once I toweled off I still had some beads stuck on my face.
After towel drying though, my skin did feel much softer, it felt cleaner, and I felt fresh. I liked the results, and I liked the subtle citrus scent it left behind. (Fear not though, the scent vanished pretty quickly afterward).
In the long run though, as the day wore thin, I noticed my skin was not looking, nor feeling the way it had hours earlier. My shine spots were present, and I was wishing I had the tube on hand to wash my face at work.
Overall though, I did enjoy the cleanser, but I would have liked for it to have left my skin feeling nice all day long, and not grimy and greasy just a few hours later. I will most likely stick to my Coalface, but I will use this cleanser again in the shower as a facial cleanser. At least in there I am guaranteed to rid my face and hairline of the run away beads. I enjoyed the scent, the light gentle exfoliation, and the pick me up feeling it gave to me for the time being.
I actually bought my own for the shower after using my brothers. I have a feeling though that he has been grubbing off of my bottle!
As far as break outs go, I haven't gotten one in quite some time. However this could be due to the fact that I use Coalface before using this.
Where to buy it?
Most likely he picked this one up at Walmart, but to be honest I have seen it everywhere from CVS to Target. It can be found mostly anywhere beauty products are sold. The price will vary from $5.00 to $6.00.
Recommended?
I do recommend it for an in shower facial wash. But I do recommend following up with a shone control moisturizer, or soap.
Ingredients Taken From The Package:
Water, Glycerin, Sodium, Laureth Sulfate, Polyethylene, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Lauryl Glucoside, Phenoxyethanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Menthyl Lactate, Sodium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium EDTA, Cellulose, Lactose, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Mica, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethyl Citrate, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (cucumber), Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (grapefruit), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Zingiber Officinale Root Extract (ginger), Iron Oxides, Red 30, Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment