Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Philosophy's Be a Peach 3 in 1

I'm addicted to 3 in 1 bath products. I love how in one bottle I get a shampoo, a body wash and a bubble bath all in one. You can't beat that.
This year I must have been very good, because for my Birthday I received a basket of Philosophy fruits, and in every fruit basket you got to have a peach right!?
Right!
There in the basket the juicy peach looked up at me, and basically said, 'try me first.' So I did.
PACKAGING:
Philosophy's Peach is in a white stand up bottle with a black click up cap. This particular cap though is slightly tight, and I actually had to strain just to pop it up. The picture on the bottle was of a real peach. On top of the peach Philosophy added the words 'Be a Peach'.
My bottle contains 16oz of Peach gel. The gel itself is a peach color, orange/pink. Philosophy always tends to match the color to the fruit, in efforts to make their products a bit more realistic than what they really are.
SCENT:
Hmph! I am not overly fond of peaches, nor do I adore their scent, but when I'm in the mood at times, I do enjoy a bath with a peachy scent. It's a summer scent. Philosophy's Peach tried to smell like a peach, but it seemed to smell more like clay dough, and chemicals than it did peach. It was almost as if the peach scent was hidden within the toxic smell that was present.
I am a person who wastes nothing, so I had to at least use it once to see how it was, before passing it on to a friend.
PEACH IN THE TUB:
None of Philosophy's 3 in 1's ever work well when used for a bubble bath. I poured in about 4 cap fulls and watched as a small stream of bubbles began to form. The peach scent was apparent, but the chemical smells were more noted and drenced the peach smell into something not so pleasant.
I didn't like the smell and I didn't care to save it, so I poured in some more gel to see how much it would take to get a decent amount of bubbles.
Surprisingly, it took a lot, and the bubbles didn't even last long. They all popped out in less than 10 minutes. Fooey!
PEACHES IN MY HAIR:
I usually enjoy Philosophy's 3 in 1's as shampoos, and Peach was sort of enjoyable too, the lather was thick and moisturizing, however I was not fond of the scent and I hoped the smell would disappear as soon as I dried up.
After drying up the subtle scent of peaches was present, and it wasn't too bad because I could no longer detect the smell of clay dough. The smell was so light though, that I could not smell it for much longer. The scent lasted about 3 or 4 hours and was gone.
My hair was also shiny, but it didn't feel any more improved than before.
PEACH WASH:
I added in about a quarter sized squirt into my bath puff and began rubbing it into my skin. The lather; like all Philosophy products, was thick and creamy in consistency. I always enjoy how it feels on my skin. Toxic peach however was a different story.
I enjoy using 3 in 1's as washes simply because of the aromatherapy session I get from it. The scent never lasts, and the only thing I have to look forward to is a heavenly smell while I'm showering. Peach though was nasty smelling, and it totally took away that whole aromatherapy experience.
Disappointed indeed.
WHERE TO FIND A CHEMICAL PEACH:
You can order it if you want to, but don't say I didn't warn you. You can purchase this at www.philosophy.com for $16.00 for 16oz. However while you are there skip this one, and go straight for Lime or Tangerine.
BASICALLY:
Philosophy's 'Be a Peach' is a waste of money. It only seems to work well as a shampoo, and for $16 that better be some damn good shampoo; and it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment