Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of LUSH Butterfly Bath Bomb

Remember the days when you could waste away afternoons in the spring and summer time with a bug catching net in one hand, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the other? The times when the sandwich went down into the dirt, as you attempted to catch a butterfly?
This was the motivation of Lush's Butterfly Bath Bomb.

WHAT'S THE HECK IS A BATH BOMB?

For those of you who have never heard of the term, a bath bomb is a ball you place into your tub after the water is filled, or while the water is filling. Once placed into the water it will fizz up releasing aroma, and making the water feel as smooth as silk.
Lush however always goes the extra mile when they make their bath bombs. I have come across bath bombs that have released rose petals, confetti, seaweed, and the most recently butterflies.
Thats right, butterflies. Not real ones, but small butterflies cut from purple and blue fabric with sequins on them. It was quite an interesting treat for me to have my tub filled with little butterflies floating around in the water.
BUTTERFLY BATH BOMB:
Not only releases fabric glittery butterflies, but it also turned my bath water a beautiful deep colored pink. The smell was intoxicating. It was as if I was running through a flower field, only it was occurring in my bathroom. The water felt smooth and silky, and I basically just layed back, relaxed and took in the lovely scent, and I fumbled around in the water catching butterflies. As I went fumbling around for the butterflies, I also found small dried out pieces of Jasmine flowers floating throughout the water. I was surprised to have this much fun in the bathroom.
Until Lush, baths were usually just a boring routine that consisted of bubble bath powder, and pathetic bath bombs that did nothing but fizz out in 2 seconds. Butterfly Bath Bomb fizzed for a good 5 to 6 minutes before the entire ball was gone.
You too can experience a butterfly bath by picking up a bomb at any local lush, or online at www.Lush.com. Butterfly is $4.95 for a 3.1oz ball. It's not the largest bath bomb I have used, but for it's smaller size it packs a pinch greater than any 6oz bomb I have ever used. I can compare the size to a tangerine. It's about the correct size if you have a rough time imagining a 3.1oz ball.
The scent of flowers lasted on my skin for about 3 hours after the bath, and I enjoyed the scent up until I fell asleep later on in the night, and my skin felt completely hydrated afterward, eliminating the need for any follow up lotions.
WHAT'S IN IT?
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Jasmine Flowers (Jasminum officinale), Cornflower Petals (Centaurea cyanus), Larkspur Flowers (Delphinium consolida), Everlasting Flower Absolute (Gnaphalium uliginosum), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Benzyl Alcohol, *Geraniol, *Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, *Limonene, FD&C Red No. 4, FD&C Red No. 27, FD&C Red No. 33, Fabric Butterfly
All in all, this is a bath bomb from Lush that I would highly recommend. It's a must have for every woman looking to bring release the inner child. Not only that, but children ill have tons of fun with this one.
It is also safe to use this in a jet tub. Butterflies will be left over in the tub after you drain it, but pick up is easy, and worth the experience. The dried out flowers will easily go down the drain.
For a complete look at the bomb and for Lush's item description visit http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/2675?expand=Bath Another Note:
Don't be afraid to order this bomb and any bath bomb from the site. All of my bombs I have ordered have always come in great condition. I feared my bomb would come all chipped up and broken during transit. My fears were eliminated when the bomb arrived. Lush packs their items with care. If however there ever is a problem Lush will always offer you a full refund without an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment