Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Philosophy's Tangerine 3 in 1 Bath Product

I got a basket of fruit for my Birthday this year, but not your ordinary basket of fruit; I'm talking the Philosophy works man! Fruit scents captured in bottles and marketed as 3 in 1 bath products.
I like how Philosophy comes out with new fruits every so often and adds them to their ever growing collection of 3 in 1 products.
One fruit in particular that came in my basket I was fond of the moment I clicked the cap up. It was Tangerine. When I did a sniff test I was pretty impressed. It smelled just like the real thing, and honestly; I could not wait to give it a try.
WHAT IS 3 IN 1?
3 in 1 bath products can be used as shampoo, bubble baths, or as body wash.
PACKAGING:
Tangerine comes in a white stand up bottle, with a black click up cap. On the bottle is a 3D picture of a tangerine split open. The catchy slogans Philosophy adds are always cute, and this one reads 'Tangerine, you make me dream'.
The bottle is filled with 16oz of transparent gel in an orange color. The color matches the color of a Tangerine almost to the tee. The gel itself is sort of thick compared to most 3 in 1 bath products I have used, but with a squeeze, it easily pours from the bottle.
WHEN USED AS A SHAMPOO:
I have been successful when it comes to 3 in 1 bath products, and most will complain that it will leave your hair dry feeling. However I don't think I have come across a shampoo that doesn't leave your hair dry after rinsing. Usually a bright person would follow up with nice conditioning. As for everyone else... I don't know what your using to get dry hair after conditioning, but maybe you should try something from the Got2Be line.
Anyhow...I squeezed about 2 quarters worth of Tangerine into my palm and rubbed it into my hair. The lather was really silky feeling and to be honest felt moisturizing. The scent in the shower was citrusy, but it smelled much lighter while using it. I rinsed out of my hair, and yes my hair did feel knotty, but after I followed up with conditioning the problem vanished.
I wish Philosophy would make a follow up conditioner to match with this light citrus scent, so I don't have to mix scents.
RESULTS: My hair was shiny, and the light Tangerine scent was obvious, but not overpowering. I could barely smell it myself, so I could guarantee those around me wouldn't be able to smell it either. No matter, my hair looked and felt nice, so I was happy either way.
TANGERINE BUBBLE BATH:
I poured about 4 capfuls into running water, and bubbles did appear, however they were extremely weak. All of Philosophy's products when used as a bubble bath seem to produce a weak stream of bubbles that die out very quickly. The bubbles were scented, but honestly whats the point if they pop out the moment you step into the bath?
TANGERINE WASH:
I love 3 in 1 products as body wash. They tend to produce excellent thick luscious lather, and this is exactly what Tangerine did. The lather was thick, and I was covered in a creamy silk like lather in seconds. I only added a small squeeze to my shower puff too, and the result was phenomenal. The scent of Tangerine again was light and subtle, but still very pleasing.
I was hoping that the scent would stay with me after getting out and drying up, however I didn't have high hopes because most 3 in 1 products; no matter what name brand it is; has a non-lasting scent once you dry off. Tangerine didn't last either, and I wasn't expecting it too.
However the lather and lovely scent in the shower makes up for it in ways.
WHERE TO GET IT?
You too can experience a Tangerine bath by visiting www.Philosophy.com. Tangerine comes in a 16oz bottle and sells for $16.00.
ALL IN ALL...
Tangerine fails as a bubble bath, makes for an excellent shampoo, and produces a thick creamy lather as a body wash. For me this is an excellent product, and I will continue to purchase it once my bottle runs out.
Anyone who enjoys citrus scents, and tangerines will love this one. It's also a great pick me up in the morning scent as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment