Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Pantene Ice Shine Conditioner

I have always been a fan of Pantene. I have used it off and on for years. I find that when I don't use it for a few months, and then I come back to it, my hair really looks and feels fabulous. However when I use it daily there seems to be no difference after time, and it does nothing for me. Thus the switching game.
When I came across Pantenes newest formula I must say, I was pretty freakin excited. The new packaging looked gnarly, and unique, plus the name of it was pretty sweet and I imagined it would be a tingly cooling off sensation to the scalp due to its name. Pantene Ice Shine. I figured that this formula would be a mint type of conditioner. I had tried minty conditioners before and find that I enjoy them in hot summer months.
When I popped the click up top though and gave it a sniff, it smelled nothing like mint. It actually reminded me of Pantenes original scent only blasted with some new flowery scents. The flower smell though was more like a dull perfume though than it was an actual fresh cut flower. It was nice, but nothing to go crazy for. When it comes to Pantene though I have always loved how well they work, and not how wonderfully fragrant the formula is.
The bottle came in a 12.6 ounce plastic bottle, that resembles the original bottle. The bottle also claimed that it would make my hair shine in overtime. Basically it promised double the shine.
My hair could use some shine, besides who couldn't use a little more shine to their hair? Summer months tend to dull out my hair, and leave it a frizzy knotty mess. Pantene has always given me relief in the hot humid months of July and August, so I figured this new formula would do just the same, only with more shine! Oh yeah!!!
I rinsed my hair out with some normal shampoo. I had the option to sister Pantenes ice shine shampoo with the conditioner, but I have found in my years that it really doesn't matter what shampoo you use, so long as you follow up with decent conditioner the results are the same as they would be if you used the sister shampoo.
Next I applied about a handful of the conditioner to my hair, and rubbed it in all throughout. I of course let it sit in for 3 minutes, and then began to rinse. I noticed that lovely Pantene creamy silkening feeling as I rinsed. I knew that this was going to leave my hair looking and feeling fabulous. I could feel the difference right then and there in the shower.
My hair was left knot free, and it felt very, very moisturized. Next I just had blow dry and check out the final results.
The results:
Ahh... let's just say they were fantastic. My hair was smooth, silky and shiny. However as far as that whole double the shine promise goes, I'm going to have to disagree. My hair was shiny; yes, but it was no shiner than it usually is after a shower. It was more moisturized and easy to manage, and I was happy with those results.
As far as calling it an ice shine conditioner though, it's a loser in that department.
Overall:
Pantene Ice Shine Conditioner works wonderfully when it comes to leaving your hair smooth and silky, but when the bottle promises double the shine and only delivers the norm, it in my opinion is a giant lie. You can get the same exact results with Pantenes original formula. That's all it is to me, the original formula masked with a new perfume like scent.
I would recommend it however for a nice moisturizing condition. If it is cheaper than the original formula it is well worth a buy. Just don't expect any double shine.
Ingredients Taken From The Package:
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glutamic Acid, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Lysine HCl, Methyl Tyrosinate HCI, Histidine, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

No comments:

Post a Comment