Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Lush's Bathos Bubble Bar

I love Lush, and I have nearly purchased everything available on their site. I had never heard of Bubble Bars before Lush, and I was more than interested in trying them out.
According to their site, (Taken from Lush.com)Bubble Bars are the first-ever solid bath foam. Our bubble bars are different in formulation than most commercial liquid bath foams as they don't contain preservatives, no harsh surfactants as they can irritate the skin, contain baking soda that will soften the water and they have cream of tartar to create the soft texture and slippy feeling in the bath.
Each piece of BUBBLE BAR slice is formulated for one bath for the full-on, cover-all-the-naughty-bits, and film-star-style bubble bath.
It seemed pretty sweet to me, so I purchased a good handful of different bars, and waited for them to be delivered.
One bubble bar I purchased was Bathos; because of the raving reviews I have run into on the Internet I had to try it. This bubble bar is 3.5oz, and costs approximately $5.95 plus tax and shipping costs. In the long run you are honestly looking at nearly $15 for one bubble bar. If you order more than 1, shipping remains the same, so honestly you save...sort of.
On the site it is a lovely purple color, with green emerald like glitter placed in a dip on the top with the letter B stamped into the bar.
Lush had this to say about Bathos: A deep dark mysterious bubble bar that will lure you with its sexy violet ways. Add in the aphrodisiac qualities of jasmine and you'll probably find yourself sharing the bath with others. Consider yourself warned.
I was more than intrigued now. But I have learned that sometimes Lush describes things in a brief way, and that usually what you get does not nearly match the description to what the company says about their products.
My bathos arrived by UPS in a standard brown box with Lush's logo printed on it, and wrapped in black tape. The black tape reads, sealed with a kiss. My Bathos Bubble Bar came wrapped in clear bag, with a sticker tag to hold the bag shut. I yanked it open and the violet scent hit me. It was floral all right, however the scent I was all too familiar with. Whatever they put in Gratuitous Violets Soap, was also throw into this Bubble Bar. They smelled exactly the same. This was a major bummer seeing how I'm not fond of the scent.
It reminds me of old ladies perfume, with dry rotten flowers. It's not pleasant. Seeing how I bought it, there was no way I was going to waste it, so I went ahead and used it anyway.
TEXTURE:
I was imagining while looking at this bubble bar on the site, that it would be a hard free dried type texture, however once I held Bathos in my hand I was surprised at how smooth and silky the bar actually was. Not only that, it was heavy. I was imagining it would be a light and crunchy.
BUBBLES:
I was honestly not expecting to get much from Bathos. I have used tons of bubble bath foams, powders, and gels, and I have never gotten more than a weak stream of bubbles that pop in a few minutes.
I ran the water, and began to crumble Bathos under it, within seconds I watched as a pretty stream of bubbles formed. The bubbles got larger, and thicker with time. It wasn't before long that I had to shut off the water, I had bubbles spilling over the edges. AHHH! Now thats what I call a bubble bath!
I stepped in and I could feel the silkiness of the water. It was a nice feeling indeed. The water had also turned a pretty dark colored purple. I could smell the scent of violets all around me, but it was not that sickening smell I originally noted. I soaked for about 30 minutes, and still plenty of bubbles were present in my tub.
My skin afterward felt smooth and silky, and the flowery scent stuck with me for a good hour afterward. As far as the aphrodisiac qualities, I think Lush added that in there to make this bubble bar more appealing. Either way it made my skin feel sexy, but surely I was not ready to let my significant other jump into my tub with me. No, no, no.
WHERE TO BUY BATHOS:
You can buy Bathos bubble bar at www.Lush.com, or at any local Lush, if you're lucky enough to have one nearby. The price will remain the same in stores, but you will be saving a bundle by not having to pay for shipping charges.
When you order from the site though, Lush adds in 2 free samples of their products. But in the store, you can pretty much pick your samples, and walk out with more than 2.
OVERALL:
A lovely invention Bathos was. But due to it's high price, I probably will order this sparingly. Maybe once every 2 months or so. I do recommend Bathos if you have the extra cash to spare. For just one bath per bar, it's a bit pricey.

No comments:

Post a Comment