Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review: Bath and Body Care's Peppermint Twist Handmade Soap

I love soaps, not just any soap, and none of that over the counter gunk will ever touch my skin. When I go on soap buying binges I look for the unique, the chemical free, and the all natural. Most stores today don't carry anything of the such, and my only outlet to obtaining such soaps are of course online. God bless online shopping!
However my latest soap addiction is comes from a cozy little website at www.bathandbodycare.com. I never purchased from the site, but my lovely boyfriends who knows all too well about my soap addiction ordered me a few sweet little numbers last month. I now have a box filled with all sorts of handmade goodies. Whenever I'm blue give me soap, I don't need flowers, he knows this, and I love him for it.
The first soap I wanted to try was probably due to its appearance. It's primary color was white, with pearl like marbled swirls of green and red. It's name was Peppermint Twist.
Peppermint Twist is an all natural soap made with only vegetables. That's a good thing, most soaps nowadays are made with animal fat. The thought of rubbing animal fat all over my body just sickens me, and when I heard that most soaps you buy in stores contain it, I switched over to the world of all natural and vegan soaps and bath products.
Peppermint twist smelled just like one would imagine it should. It was a peppermint patty, or a candy cane like scent. Seeing how Christmas is so far away, I wanted to experience the holiday through my senses. My bathroom, the one place where a scent can take me to a time, place, or memory. Peppermint Twist was about to take me on a journey back to Christmas. The most wonderful time of the year. I could not wait to use it.
I first cut Peppermint Twist into sample sized pieces, I have found that by doing this I am able to save the soap from melting in the shower. I store the rest of the sample sized pieces in a cool dry place for later use, or to hand out sample cuts to my friends to try. It seems that the more samples you hand out to friends, the more you get back in return. Plus it is always fun to see what your friends are using.
I then brought my small piece into the shower, wet myself and began my soap lathering ritual. The soap takes a bit of time to create a lather, as do all natural soaps. The lather may not be as great as a cheap over the counter soap, but I'm more than willing to give up great lather in exchange for an all natural NO animal tested soap.
The scent gains power once water hits it, and Christmas was being celebrated right there in my bathroom in the middle of June. Ta-da! It was great. The scent of peppermint and mint was overwhelming, but wonderful at the same time. It was a perfect minty experience without smelling like toothpaste like most minty soaps do.
The Peppermint Twist soap also feels cooling to the skin, and really opens up the nasal passages. I was feeling ultra squeaky clean, cool, and calm at the same time, but what I enjoyed most was the 15 minutes of the holiday scent. I didn't even care if the scent lasted on my skin after I got out. The experience in the shower with this soap would be well worth the lack of scent there after.
After drying up, my skin still felt cool and clean. There was no residue left behind, and as I began drying up I was still able to get sweet whiffs of the candy cane like scent.
The scent however disappeared a few minutes later, but I didn't mind. I couldn't wait till tomorrow to be taken back to memories of Christmas time, and the cooling and calming feeling I got while using this soap.
Overall:
Excellent soap. Well done! I will be ordering this one time and time again, and I really hope they don't discontinue this sweet candy cane confection.
Ingredients:
ALL VEGETABLE - Ingredients: Saponified Oils of Coconut, Palm, Soybean, Cocoa Butter, Canola, Palm Kernel, Olive, Castor. Coconut Milk, Fragrance (peppermint essential oil), FD&C colorants, swirled.
Pricing:
You too can experience a Christmasy Peppermint scented bath for only $6.00 for a 5.5 ounce bar. It is well worth it.
This soap can only be found online at www.bathandbodycare.com. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment