Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of American Girl Take Your Vitamins Daily Body Lotion from Bath & Body Works

Bath and Body Works has been and probably always will be the one spot where I will stop regularly and pick something up, just for the hell of it, and well, because I can. It's right in town which makes it easy and convenient for me to pick up all of my bath and body needs.
Every time I go in though I avoid one shelf in particular just because the labels are not appealing, and the whole American Girls dolls freak me out. However when I stopped in a few moons ago and Bath & Body Works new summer line didn't appeal to me, I began to seek out other products I haven't tried before, and this is what brought me to the American Girl line of products. I sniffed out a few of their available lotions and sprays and to be honest the scents were too childish for me. However when I took a big whiff of Apple Blossom American Girl Take Your Daily Vitamins Body Lotion, I liked it.
It smelled rather sweet, and had that country apple scent that I have always enjoyed in lotions. The price was fair at $7.50 for a 8 ounce bottle, so I figured why not? Besides, I had not bought anything in a few errr...days. Hehe!
Packaging:
Apple Blossom by American Girl comes in a stand up plastic tube with the American Girl logo on it. The bottle itself may look pretty in the picture I have provided, but to be honest the pink hues that run across it's label actually look very bland compared to other items in the store. It sort of sits their on the shelf collecting dust just waiting for someone to pick it up.
The lotion itself is a pale pink color that sort of resembles the color of a real apple, but not quite. No matter though, it smelled good, and the bottle had promised that the lotion would provide long lasting moisturization. I was after scent though, and this lotion had a nice subtle apple scent.
At home I stripped neked and applied it everywhere. This is what I do with lotions, and when it comes to most lotions I buy I don't ever need perfume because most will have a long lasting scent. I have never really been disappointed when it came to Bath & Body Works signature lotions and long lasting scent. But this was not a signature lotion, it was an American Girl lotion, so I wondered just how long it would last. I was hoping all day.
The lotion is not too thick, nor to thin as to where it leaks all over the place. I found it easy to apply, and it absorbed into my skin without leaving any nasty, sticky or greasy residue behind.
The scent was present, and mmm...mommy like! I did feel the moisturization that the bottle had promised, and my skin was left feeling smooth to the touch. How long that smooth silky feeling would last though was a question I had in mind though.
I can say that the moisturizing feeling lasted for a few hours, but the scent began to dwindle down earlier on. Overall I was smelling appley good for about an hour to two hours until I needed to re-apply. Not the longest lasting lotion in the world, but also not the worst. (I have had lotions where the fragrance would last for only a few minutes until it was no longer detectable)
Was it worth the $7.50 though?
I'm going to have to say, probably not. For the same price I could have bought myself another bottle of Temptations Alluring Apple which smells very similar to Apple Blossom by American Girl. Alluring Apple though leaves me with an almost all day fresh crisp apple scent. So I was a wee disappointed that I didn't just stock up on that.
It is a nice scent, but it does not last as long as most lotions. It does provide moisturization, but again, only for a few hours. It is my opinion that if you are after long lasting scent when it comes to lotions, go with Bath & Body Works Temptation line or Signature Collection lotions.
Availability:
You can of course, purchase this one in any local Bath and Body Works store, or online at their site at www.bathandbodyworks.com. The price as of now still remains at $7.50. I have yet to see this particular line go on sale, which is very odd. If it were to go on sale in the $3.00 range I would probably pick another bottle up in a different scent, or I would stock up and give them out as gifts during Christmas.
Overall:
Unless it is on sale, I wouldn't recommend spending the $7.50 asking price.

No comments:

Post a Comment