Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Lush Sugar Rush Bath Bomb

I love Lush, and also have a love hate relationship with their bath bombs. Lush is always a hit or miss when it comes to bath bombs, and well... their products in general.
Most of Lush's items require you to love a certain scent, and if you don't you will hate it. There never is an in between when it comes to their products.
Anyways, when I first heard about Lush's new Sugar Rush bath bomb, I had to have it all for myself. Mine! I always love to be the first one to try anything. I must have been a guinea pig in a past life, because the moment Lush released it, I had it in my online shopping cart.
Sugar Rush is smaller compared to most bath bombs on the market today. Its 3.5oz and the price came out to $5.95 plus tax and shipping costs. So if you add that up in the long run this bomb is a hot number. A bursting and ridiculous price of nearly $16. Lush really has to reconsider their pricing. Or at least offer more online discounts!
The bath bomb on the site is a bright yellow, with what looks like particles inside of it. However Lush failed to mention anything about particles. I'm not too fond of the surprises at times that come out of Lush's bombs. On the site Lush claims that this bomb has a cola inspired scent. It sounded neat, and unique so I could not wait to get it.
SHIPPING:
Overall it took about 10 days to come in the mail. Lush neatly packaged it, and protected it with newspaper. The bomb was buried in the news paper and sealed in a plastic bag. I noticed some wear and tear which was unusual, because most of the time my items come in perfect condition. Thankfully though the bomb was only chipped in some areas, and was not cracked and crumbled.
You can also purchase Sugar Rush in any local Lush store, the price will remain the same, and you will save a lot of money seeing how shipping costs will be erased from the slate.
APPEARANCE AND SCENT:
My bomb did look a lot like the bomb on Lush's site, however I wasn't the cola scent I was expecting. It did smell like cola, but sweeter, and I could detect more cinnamon that I could soda pop. It was also clear that there was something in the bomb Lush failed to tell me about. Some sort of particle. Sigh. I really hate surprises, I just wish they'd let me know whats in the damn thing on the site.
But after looking at the site a second time, I noticed they hinted at whats in the bomb without saying it. Great. Thanks, I didn't know I had to be a psychiatrist to figure out the hidden meaning behind a description.
Here is what Lush says on the site:
"As bright as the morning sun and as crisp as your favorite breakfast cereal,...
Yeah, so I was supposed to know that they'd include cereal in my frigging bath bomb by that description. I should of scrolled down and read what others had said first. My own stupidity and shopping habits are the cause. But this wouldn't of been an issue if Lush would of just been honest.
So I plop my yellow bomb into the tub, and I get in. As the bomb began to fizz, things began to float. Yup, you guessed it. Cereal! Thankfully the water didn't turn white, otherwise I would have been truly disgusted. The cereal was a rice crispy type cereal, and if you stick your face near it, it'll pop, snap... you know the jingle.
Lush for some reason thought I would enjoy bathing in my own breakfast. Sorry but I have a feeling someone over there in Lush land has seen honey I shrunk the kids one too many times. There is nothing enjoyable about bathing in your food. I also grew concerned about how my skin would react. Would this make me break out?Is there sugar in it? Oh God, whats in this junk? Why do I not read ingredients ever!?
Wait, whats that?The ingredients fail to mention cereal?Or is that odd word a scientific term for rice crispies? Ahhhh!
INGREDIENTS:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Frankincense Oil (Boswelia carterii), Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum cassia), Neroli Oil (Citrus amara), D&C Yellow No.8, *Cinnamal, *Citral, *Eugenol, *Limonene, *Linalool,
Anyone see rice crispies in there?
THE SCENT:
The scent was stronger than my first sniff when I received the bomb. t became overwhelming with cinnamon and sugar. The cola smell was completely over thrown. It was an okay scent, not horrible, but definitely not what I was expecting after reading the description.
ANY SKIN REACTIONS?
I of course thought I would break out from this one. I'm not used to soaking in food. However my skin felt normal after coming out. Not dry nor moisturized. Just about the same.
I was also grateful that I did not get any pimples on my body afterward. But those of you with sensitive skin, be wary.
OVERALL:
The cereal got soggy, and I got grossed out. I had to exit the tub after about 10 minutes. I couldn't stomach it anymore. Puffed rice sticking to my skin, I was bound to break out. The whole experience I waited for was a nasty one I car not to repeat. I think I'm going to take a bath bomb break from Lush for awhile. This is the second time I have been burned by their bombs. Back to back purchases, and each time, I got a stinky nasty dud.
Don't even get me started on Big Blue which you can read about here: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/269625/lush_big_blue_bath_bomb.html
RECOMMENDED:
A big giant no, with sugar on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment