Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Castelbel Porto Carrot Soap

Castelbel Porto soaps were just recently introduced into my collection of far too many soaps. I bought the 3 piece set for $12.99 at Target, and honestly I bought it only because I was intrigued by their unique scents. Carrot soap was one in the mix of 2 other soaps which included olive soap, and tomato soap.
Supposedly these soaps were all natural, and all vegetable, but my feelings on that are yeah right.
I was shocked that the company didn't add the actual ingredients that were in the soap, but I bought them anyway. Besides, I just wanted to see what they were like. Each soap is a huge 350g. I knew holding this soap would be difficult seeing how it was so large. I had used large bulky soaps before, and vowed to never purchase one again. Yet here I was...
Once I opened the pack and peeled out carrot soap, I ripped the protective wax wrapping off of it and gave it a sniff.
It sure smelled like carrots. Sweet carrots actually. It was a weird and unique scent, but I wondered if it was something I would like enough to use again and again.
I remember in elementary school this little girl on my bus always smelled like carrots, and I hated it, which in the long run made me hate her. (I know I am horrible) I didn't want to smell like carrot girl, nor did I want a reminder of her. However this soap brought me back. The first girl I ever picked on, all for smelling like carrots.
The soap itself was bright orange, just like a carrot no doubt. There was nothing in it though. I was expecting some carrot peels, or some sort of herb, but all I had in my hand was a hard piece of neon orange soap. It felt hard, waxy, and cheap. Nothing spectacular about it, and the scent was sort of phewwieee!
In the shower I dropped the soap over and over again. The lather however worked up pretty nicely, but that smell, that sweet carrot soupy scent, I hated it! I rinsed off quickly and dried off before the scent began to stick with me.
The soap left my skin feeling sort of moisturized, and clean. There was no residue or oily feeling left behind, so that was a plus. The carrot scent also disappeared as I dried up, which was another plus. I would have died if I had to smell like carrot girl for the rest of the day. I left the soap in the soap holder for everyone else to use, honestly though I am sure they will have the same experience I did. A shower that stinks.
If you want:
You can buy Castelbel Porto soaps at any local Target in sets or separately for $5.49. For more information on this company visit www.castelbel.com.
Summing it up:
I recommend you just ignore these interesting named soaps. They come in cute wrap, with unique scents, but in all honesty there is nothing special about them. Carrot soap in particular smells funky, and is so large and bulky that using it in the shower is just a royal pain in the rear. This would be the second soap from this company I am not fond of. I have yet to try the olive soap, but I am sure I am in for the same disappointing surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment