Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of CoverGirl's Advanced Radiance Age Defying-Liquid Makeup

I usually hate liquid foundations, and there are seriously only a very small select few of them that I will use. Most foundations cause my skin to dry out and look like clay, or they leave my skin feeling like rubber, but worst of all liquid foundations cause break outs. Major break outs.
I have tried many different name brand foundations all with the same icky sticky break out results. However when I came across CoverGirls Advanced Radiance with an age defying promise, I was more than interested, just one small issue though, I had never ever liked anything by CoverGirl, but seeing how it was on sale down from $11.99 to $7.99 I had to give it a try.
There were many different shades to choose from, and to be honest I wads clueless on which shade would look best with my skin tone. In the store they had this stupid chart thing hanging next to the foundation, but I had no clue on how to use it. Seeing how it was the fall, I went with the medium light. I knew if I went too dark I'd look like an idiot with a foundation line on my neck.
I liked how CoverGirl made this liquid foundation with SPF 10, it is non-comedogenic, oil free, and that it promises to reduce the look of fine lines and imperfections. I don't have fine lines anywhere on my face, and I want to keep it that way, so I figured starting early with age defying foundations and lotions would be best to use now, instead of after they form.
The foundation comes in a small round tube with a push down pump tat allows the foundation to come through as you squeeze down. I find this easy to use and convenient seeing how the bottle is mostly clear, so you are able to see just how much foundation is left in the plastic tube.
CoverGirl's Advanced Radiance Age Defying Makeup is a lot creamier than most liquid foundations, and I found applying it to be easy. The foundation spreads evenly, and gives your face a full flawless cover. I could not even feel the makeup on my face, however I could see a huge difference. My flaws were hidden perfectly, and my face looked even healthy and glowing. What I liked best was how it did not feel like I was wearing a pound of goop on my face; this stuff felt weightless. However the real test would be time, I wondered how long my face would look good until it began to wear off, and what worried me was whether or not I would break out after wearing it.
After about a month of daily use, I can proudly report to everyone that no, CoverGirl's Advanced Radiance Age Defying Liquid Makeup does not cause any break outs whatsoever. Not only that but when I apply in the morning the flawless cover lasts all day, it does not wear off in a few hours and you do not need constant touch ups. For such a weightless foundation one would think that it would wear off in just a few hours. This is not the case with this one.
Overall:
For once CoverGirl has finally made a foundation that I am happy with. I have tried many of their different cover ups, and this one by far is the best in the bunch, not just the best in the CoverGirl bunch, but the best out of all of the different name brand foundations I have tried.
Personal Tip:
For the best looking coverage I apply this foundation first, and then I apply a light layer of Bare Minerals Powdered Foundation for an all day, shine free face.
Where to buy:
You'd have to live in a cave to not know where to buy this foundation...but in case you do, you can find it at any local drug store or super store. Target, Walmart, Cvs, and Eckerd's. Prices will vary from $7.99 to $11.99. I have seen them sell for really cheap though when they go on half off sales every now and then.
Shades:
Shades come in light to dark in many different tones. For a complete list of all available shades check out www.covergirl.com. At the site they will also help you choose the best shade according to your hair color, skin color, and eye color. Pretty neat.
Recommendation:
Heck yes, I recommend anyone who is sick and tired of buying expensive foundations to stop their search now and give this one a try before you buy another one. It is the ONLY liquid foundation that I will buy over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment