Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of LUSH - Big Blue Bath Bomb

ANOTHER LUSH ITEM OF THE WEEK: BIG BLUE!
Big blue is a bath bomb created by Lush. It is an all natural alternative to the chemical baths most people these days are happily soaking in.
I ordered mine online at www.Lush.com for $5.40 for a 6.3oz ball. And what a ball it is! It is seriously just as big as a softball, and although some say to cut it in half to save a piece for another time, I found this nearly impossible to do without ruining the bath bomb.
RUB A DUB DUB, SEAWEED IN THE TUB!
I ran my bath and plopped big blue in, immediately big blue began fizzing and changing my clear bath water to a lovely turquoise color. This beautiful color alone was relaxing. But not only that Big blue let out a subtle scent of herbs. It smelled like pizza herbs mixed with mint.
Just when I though that was all Big Blue had to offer, I began to feel scratchy particles at the bottom of my tub and under my butt. I also noticed black particles floating about in the water. The beautiful blue water was now filled with ghastly particles. Usually when I use bath bombs it makes the water feel silky, smooth, and moisturizing. This was not the case with Big Blue. The water felt the same.
SEAWEED! Thats exactly what was floating all over the tub. I tried to enjoy it seeing how I spend almost $6 on this experience. However it grossed me out too fast and I ended up only soaking in it for a good 10 minutes before hopping out.
I was also disappointed to see that my skin had not felt any more moisturized than when I went into the tub.
On the site I had read that these seaweed particles would easily drain down the tub. So I drained the tub, and went for bed.
The next day my boyfriend comes in and tells me we need a plumber because he sees black worms coming out of the drain. I had to laugh. I knew Big Blue must have left behind a few seaweed particles that didn't go down.
When I went into the bathroom I discovered the mess everywhere. Stuck to the drain, stuck to the edge and bottom of the tub! What a mess! 10 minutes wasted cleaning up the mess. a 20 minute investment, all of which were just a pain in the butt.
I felt like packaging up the seaweed and sending it back to lush and asking for a refund.
Overall I have been satisfied with many of my Lush products, but Big Blue was a huge nasty burn.
INGREDIENTS:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Atlantic Sea Salt Crystals (Sodium chloride), Perfume, Arame Seaweed (Eisenia arborea), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Yellow No. 5,

No comments:

Post a Comment