Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Philosophy Lime 3 in 1Bath Product

I have tried numerous items from Philosophy. Not because I wanted to, but because I got a basket full of Philosophy fruits for my past birthday. The fruits consisted of 3 in 1 bath products. OooOOO... my favorite.
I had tried a bunch of the different scents before grabbing hold of Lime. Not because it's a bad scent, but because it was hidden in the bottom of the basket.
The Lime bottle is white overall with a lifelike picture of a lime on the cover. It's very pretty, and the lovely bottle is probably why so many people are fast to scoop them up. The catchy slogan on the bottle reads 'You Deserve The Lime Light'.
Anyways, the bottle itself has an easy to use click up cap, and it contains 16 ounces of gel. The gel itself is a transparent (obviously) lime green color. The consistency is thick compared to Bath & Body Works 3 in 1 products.
3 in one products in my opinion are the best value out there. Now the $16 price tag may scare you, but if you think about what you are getting, it's practically a steal. 3 in 1 is basically a body wash, bubble bath, and a shampoo all packed into one bottle. If you were to buy all 3 products separately it would cost much more.
SCENT:
In the past I have tried Philosophy and not been impressed with the fake chemical like scents. I immediately thought that Lime would be like all of the rest. A fake nauseating scent. However after my first initial whiff, I was impressed. It was lime all right. But not like the fresh lime fruit. It reminded me more of a subtle sugary lime scent. It was not bad, it was actually quite pleasant, however it was not realistic. Either way, there was no way I was going to not try it just because the scent was a bit off.
SHAMPOO:
I'm usually hesitant when it comes to using 3 in 1 products as a shampoo. Other 3 in 1's I have used have left my hair feeling dry. However just for this reviews purpose, I had to give it a go.
I squeezed out about 2 quarters worth of the green gel, and began rubbing it throughout my hair. The scent was lovely, and the lather worked up almost immediately. A little goes a long way.
What was most impressive though is that the lather actually felt moisturizing. That meant nothing though, I would know how well it was once I rinsed it out.
RINSE:
Yes it left my hair a bit dry, but honestly all shampoo leaves my hair a bit dry until I add conditioner. So thats what I did. The results were normal, nothing to brag about. My hair was left looking like it always does. Regardless, after a quick blow-dry, the lime scent remained lightly in my hair, and I liked it.
Overall, as a shampoo Philosophy Lime is not too bad. I actually favor it above the rest of the 3 in 1 products I have used.
BUBBLE BATH:
The results vary on the type of water you have. You can end up with a decent pile of luscious bubbles, or a flat fizz pop bubble bath.
MY BATH:
I added in a generous squeeze to my running water, and bubbles began to form the moment the gel hit the water. However the bubbles didn't last longer than 10 minutes, and I honestly didn't get that many. I can say though, that the bubbles I did get were the lovely lime scent I had grown so fond of.
If you add more product you can expect more bubbles. But to be honest I think you'd end up wasting a lot, for just a few more bubbles. If you must have the bubble bath only one quick squeeze or two is all you will need.
Overall: My bubble bath was 'almost' okay, but not quite there.
BODY WASH:
My favorite! This is the main reason I buy 3 in 1 products. To use them as body wash. Usually though the scent never lasts on my skin, and I wasn't expecting it to last on my skin with Philosophy Lime either.
I added a quarter sized drop to my bath puff, and began rubbing away. The lather was very moisturizing and felt silky on my skin. It was probably the most enjoyable lather I have ever gotten from a body wash. Color me impressed!
After rinsing off, and stepping out, the scent vanished. I was sad to no longer be able to smell it, but the lather was worth it either way. My skin did feel a lot more hydrated afterward, and the need to apply lotion was non-existent.
Overall, Philosophy Lime worked well as a wash, but I would of loved for the scent to stick around for awhile afterward.
I have used nearly all of the Philosophy fruit scented 3 in 1's and Lime is by far the best one in the group. If you are a fan of the lime scent, you won't be disappointed in this one. They have smaller sized bottles available in select stores, but they are much harder to find.
GO GET SOME LIME:
You can order Philosophy Lime directly from the Philosophy site at www.Philosophy.com under the fruits section. The price remains at $16. In my opinion it's well worth the purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment