Thursday, July 31, 2014

Hot Head Spike'n Wash Out Hair Color Review

I get bored with myself sometimes, not your average bored though, more like hair mutilation bored. You see when I'm sick of myself (yes, I get sick of myself sometimes), I want to change something, and usually my hair feels my wrath of boredom.
I don't know what it is, but every once in awhile I brainstorm these crazy ideas about how I could change my hair for a new wild look. I wanted pink, pink was my mood for the day while I was out shopping with a friend.
I came across Hot Head Spike'n in Passionate Pink. It's wash out hair color, so really I didn't feel so bad. What I was about to do wouldn't be permanent, and I could wash it right out if I hated how it looked. I'm glad I have wild friends like me, because Jen bought Blue. Hehe! Now we could really go crazy!
The squeeze tube comes with 3.38 ounces of wash out color and basically read 'Unisex. Easy to use. Out in one wash. Pump up the attitude any hair-razin' way you want. Just squeeze out the sweet stuff, and go Spike'n. A little on the fingertips for spikes and dreads. Pull it through strands of hair for freaky streaks. Put in your palms and plaster through for a slick, overall color scream. Shampoo it, re-goo it and re-do it. It's your head, use it! This product was tested on teens not animals.'
I thought it was cool. I thought... I always think... and later wonder 'what the hell was I thinking?'
So the steps were easy enough, and what I wanted was just some colored strands. I wasn't looking for spikes, or (ugh) dreads, or anything weird and bizarre. I just wanted some flirty fun color. Why not? I can rock it, and pink is my favorite color.
Once we got home, I pretended I had a hard time opening my bottle, just so I could see how well it worked on Jen. She was my guinea pig, only she didn't know it. I watched as she squeezed some blue goop into her fingertips and applied it on strands of her hair. The color seemed to take to her dark hair without issues, and it looked nice, so I quickly opened mine, and picked up a few strands of hair to add the color too.
The goop was pink all right, but a pearly pink, which reminded me of melted bubble gum and nail polish. The scent reminded me of nail polish a bit, and the texture was pretty gross. It was sticky yet muddy, and reminded me of mudd masks I would put on my face.
I then ran the goop down the strand I had chosen. The color took quickly because the paste or goop was thick. I waited there for awhile for it to dry. I knew if I placed it back to my head it would stick to more strands and the result would be a dread. It looked nice, now all I had to do was wait...
one bad thing though, the crap never dried. It was still a sticky nasty globby mess. I placed it carefully back to my head, and sure enough strands of hair began to clump up. Slowly as I imagined I was left with a thick hunk of hair with a pink color. The clump was a knot, and it looked like crap. Jens results were the same. $7 wasted!
I knew I had to wash it off immediately because God forbid I lean up against something, I would stain it pink with my stupid pink hair.
I hopped into the shower, and tried shampooing the spike'n out. However once water hit it, it seemed to go into over drive and was almost waterproof. It took a lot of scrubbing and rubbing to get it all out. My hair was a huge knotty mess now, and I can actually give credit to hot head spike'n for creating split ends.
Never ever again! This was the dumbest idea I had ever had. If I wanted some color strands I should have just added a stupid clip with a piece of fake hair attached to it. I don't know what I/we were thinking.
Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Petrolatum, Alcohol Denat., Lanolin Cera (Wax), PVP, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Mica, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Cyclopentasiloxane, Sorbitan Stearate, Montmorillonite, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), PVP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Fragrance (Parfum), Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491).
Recommended:
No for girls with long hair, but yes for guys/girls with a short boy cut hair cut. You will not have any issues with Hot Head Spike'n. However I do not recommend you lean up against anything. The color does not dry, and it will get on nearly anything you lean on. So keep your colorful head to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment