Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Philosophy's Double Rich Hot Cocoa A 3 in 1 Shower Gel

I am fond of Philosophy at times, and at other times, not so fond. However anyone who knows me, knows the best gift to get me around the holidays. 3 in 1 bath products, they're always a pleasure to use. Another great gift to get someone like me around the holidays is chocolate. I'm a chocoholic; yet feel extremely guilty when I eat it.
So Philosophy came up with the greatest gift of all. Double rich hot cocoa, which is a 3 in 1 bath gel. Hummanuh hummanuhhh... I was about to break out into a seizure when I found out about this sweet little number.
Unfortunately no one was smart enough to realize that this would have been the greatest gift ever, because I didn't receive it! I think I may of ordered it though before I even had the chance to tell anyone to buy it for me. So really, it's my own fault.
I discovered Double Rich Hot Cocoa while browsing on Philosophy's website at www.Philosophy.com. It was a toss up between this 3 in 1 and Pumpkin. I went with the chocolate scented one though, of course.
I had no idea what it would smell like, and I was really going with intuition when it came to shelling out $16 for a 16 ounce bottle. But it looked so nice in that bottle. The color of the gel you can see right through the clear plastic bottle, it was definitely a rich colored brown, and reminded me of chocolate syrup. Mmmm...
Philosophy's description had me sold, it read: pamper yourself with philosophy's double rich hot cocoa shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath. inspired by an old-time favorite, this ultra rich 3-in-1 formula makes you feel like you're indulging in something truly sinful! in reality, you won't gain a single ounce with philosophy's version of this delectable treat. a must have for any chocolate lover - marshmallows optional.
Mmmm... how could I not want it? How could any chocolate lover pass this one up?! I know I couldn't.
SCENT:
My package came fast, and immediately I tore it open to get my first sniff of Double rich. Oh, it was glorious. It was chocolate alright, sweet delicious chocolate. It didn't remind me of hot cocoa though. Not any hot cocoa I've ever had anyway. It was like rich melted Godiva chocolate, and easily had my mouth watering. Yep, I wanted to take a lick, but I knew better.
BUBBLES?
Anyways, when I get any 3 in 1 product, I usually try it out as a bubble bath first. Double Rich Hot Cocoa proved to be a dud when used as a bubble bath. You need a lot of product just to get a few bubbles. These bubbles though don't last longer than 5-10 minutes. They smell delicious yes, but other than that, you really get no bubbles.
SUDS?
Oh yeah! This worked like a charm as a body wash. All Philosophy 3 in 1's so far work magic when used as a body wash. I only used a quarter amount sized dab on my bath poof, and with a few rubs along my body, I had a dreamy coating of rich lather. It was thick, creamy, and the scent was intoxicating. After rinsing the lather off I was left with soft hydrated skin. The scent though wore off within a few minutes. Most 3 in 1 products though never have lasting scents when you use them as a shower wash. However the experience in the shower is well worth the lack of scent thereafter.
SHAMPOO:
I have always been fond of using Philosophy 3 in 1's as shampoo, and Double Rich Hot Cocoa was a definite hair charmer. The lather was thick and creamy feeling in my hair, and what was best was that I barely had to use much of the product to work up such a thick lather. After rinsing it out, it did leave my hair feeling a bit thirsty for moisturization. A quick rinse with conditioner took care of it though in no time.
After drying off, I could easily detect the sweet scent of chocolate all throughout my hair. If the wind blew my hair past my face, I was able to smell it. I was in love.
The scent was not overpowering at all, it was actually sort of light, but not too light as to where I could barely smell it. It was just enough chocolate to make me happy without all of the guilt attached.
All in all Philosophy's 3 in 1 Double Rich Hot Cocoa is a complete pleaser. Although it fails as a bubble bath, it worked up enough magic for me to say "Yes, I'm buying this again."
I'd recommend this to all chocolate lovers, men and woman alike. This scent is sure to please the little ones as well. Double Rich Hot Cocoa is an all around scent the entire family will enjoy.
INGREDIENTS:
water (aqua), tea lauryl sulfat, ppg-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, cocamidopropyl betaine, glycol stearate, caramel, sodium chloride, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, glycerin, glyceryl polymethacrylate, propylene glycol, fragrance (parfume), polyquaternium-7, peg-150 distearate, tocopheryl acetate, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolineone, citric acid, sodium benzotriazolyl butylpheno sulfonate, buteth-3, tributyl citrate, sodium chloride, red 33 (ci 17200).

No comments:

Post a Comment