Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Calgon English Garden Bubble Bath

I love bubble baths, and when I buy products that guarantee a 'bubble' bath I expect a nice scent, and of course tons of bubbles. The company Calgon has never been a favorite of mine, their body splashes absolutely suck, and so do their lotions, but when I came across Calgons bath products I was intrigued, the prices were low, and the packaging for Calgon's products had a new attractive design. I'm a sucker for nice packaging.
When I noticed English Garden Bubble Bath in a decent sized 26 ounce box, for only $5.99 at Walmart I didn't even hesitate while adding it to my cart. I was able to smell the lovely scent through the box, and it definitely smelled like a flower garden. I had smelled much better flower scented bubble bath products, but for the decent pricing, and large size, how could I not give it a try?
PACKAGING:
Calgon's English Garden Bubble Bath comes in rectangular cardboard box that reminded me of cheap laundry detergent. The box itself is pink with the words English Garden written on it. There is a picture of a woman hugging herself covered in a white robe.
HOW WAS IT?
I ran my bath water and poured in a decent amount of bath English Garden bath powder. Immediately it turned my bath water blue. I was actually expecting to get pink water from such a pink colored box, but I was okay with blue.
I waited by the tubs edge to see how many bubbles would form, however the longer I waited the less bubbles I saw. The water pounding down on the powder did produce some bubbles, but it was close to nothing. As fast as the bubbles formed, they popped out. Pretty pathetic. So much for the promise of long lasting bubbles like the box had said.
The initial scent also changed, through the box I smelled a strong gardenia type flowery scent, but as water hit it, it smelled more like 'laundry detergent'. Funny, because I initially thought the box looked like laundry detergent. Snuggle was the main scent I was getting from it. I didn't mind though, because I actually like the scent of snuggle. But I do think that those looking for that flowery scent are going to be disappointed.
I stepped into the tub and was surprised by how soft this product made the bath water. My skin felt like it was being wrapped in expensive silk and cream.
After drying up my skin did feel tons of hydration and my skin was left baby soft. The scent lingered on me for about an hour afterward so I was happy with my cheap purchase.
My tub was not left stained, and the blue water ran down the drain without issues. I have used products before that have stained my tub, and I honestly was thinking that this cheap powder would do the same.
However, I purchased this as a bubble bath, when in reality I got a wonderful bath soak. There were no bubbles present in my tub, why would Calgon market this as a bubble bath powder, when in reality it is far from the truth!?
WHERE TO FIND IT?
You can purchase Calgon English Garden Bubble Bath at any local Walmart, or drug store. The larger box I purchased will come to about $6, while the smaller box is only about $2.50, Buy the smaller box to see how you like it first.
OVERALL:
Calgon English Garden Bubble Bath makes for an excellent and comforting bath soak, but as far as the bubble bath goes it is non-existent. I would buy this again as a bath soak, I enjoy the mild detergent like scent, and the way it makes my skin feel afterward.
RECOMMENDED?
Yes, as a bath soak, and no for those looking for bubble.

No comments:

Post a Comment