Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Herbal Essences, None of Your Frizzness Smoothing Conditioner

It's not unusual for my hair to have a puffy mind of its own on hot humid days. I use special balms and leave ins for this purpose, but honestly there is no battling humid days when it comes to your hair and all of the products I put into it. However, without all of these balms and special lotions, my hair would be 10 times worse if I didn't use them. When re-stocking on conditioner, I decided to try Herbal Essence, because of the new look of the bottles, and the new formulas. I went with conditioner from their None Of Your Frizzness line. Basically my reasoning was simply because the bottle promised it would keep my head from feeling fuzzy.
I had not used Herbal Essence in years, I never liked their watered down funky scented products, and they never gave me an orgasm in the shower like they did for those chicks on TV. When I saw the new bottles in bold new colors though, I knew they had either amped up their products to better formulas, or they had just thrown the same old crap into new sexy bottles.
None Of Your Frizzness comes in mandarin balm & pearls. In the store is smelled nice, just like a candy coated orange. The pearls I suppose are what makes the grapefruit colored conditioner look sparkly. However there are no actual pearls floating about in the conditioner. The bottle is an odd curvy shaped thing, that seriously resembles nothing in particular.
At home after shampooing, I globed in a decent sized handful of the conditioner. As I began to apply it to my wet hair, I noticed the scent had drastically changed from an orange scent to apples! Yep, this is the first orange I have ever used the smelled like an apple. It was weird, and at the same time disappointing, because I already have so many apple scented shampoos, and conditioners. Mandarin balm and pearls smelled just like bath and body works alluring apple from the temptations collection.
It wasn't a bad scent, it was just an unexpected one, still nice though.
I left the conditioner in my hair for a good 3 minutes, and washed out. My hair did feel very silky and clean afterward so that was nice. I decided to let my hair air dry, this usually determines how good a conditioner is; so thats what I did.
As my thick air began to dry the frizz did come out. It always does, no matter what I use. After my hair was fully dry, it looked no different than it ever did. It was as frizzy as hell, if not worse. It's my opinion that None of Your Frizzness is crap. My hair did not even get left with the apple scent once it was dry.
Overall, Herbal Essence fails me twice in a lifetime. I won't be trying their products again. They all seem like cheap, generic, overpriced garbage with bold promises, never to be delivered.
There are more products from the None of Your Frizzness line, I suggest you just avoid them all together. A waste of money indeed.
I lost $4.00, but I learned a lesson, and that lesson is to just avoid Herbal Essence from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment