Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Lush Figs and Leaves Soap

I avoided Lush's Figs and Leaves soap for quite some time, but seeing how they are coming out with a slew of new items soon I would try it before they pushed it off of the available list and made its way over to the discontinued list.
The reason for my not ordering it right away is simple. The soap looks nasty; it looks messy, and quite frankly it seems as if there are more leaves and globs of God only knows what lingering within then there is actual soap.
The bar itself is a hideous poop like color with leaves stuck on the outside of it, and the inside. These leaves are supposed to provide mild exfoliation to the skin, while the creamy aloe softens it. It all sounded nice, but after reading a few not so nice reviews on the site about Figs and Leaves I avoided it.
When I did decide to order it recently, it arrived looking worse than the picture on the site. The soap itself was a dirty brown color, while leaves stuck through it. The soap is a cream base, so it was of course very soft. I cut the soap into sample sized pieces and placed the rest into a container and put it in the fridge. I didn't want the soap to melt being out, and with it already being so soft, I figured the fridge was the best spot for it.
I brought one smaller sized slice in the shower with me. Figs and Leaves melts pretty fast, and while it melts leaves begin to rain to the shower floor, while other small leafy particles stuck to my skin. As the soap melted little seed like creatures began to evolve from within. These seeds were gently exfoliating my skin, and added a neat touch to the whole messy experience.
The soap washed off with ease, and left a few leaves around the flower drain. I picked em up, and tossed em' out. Messy problem solved in less than 60 seconds.
The scent is not bad at all. It's a herbal flower like scent, that is very light and subtle. After the shower, I was left with the mild herbal like scent, and t was not too bad. Plus it was a soap that stood with me for quite some time (scent wise), and that is always a plus in my book. Staying power! O'lay!
As far as Lush's promise for moisturized skin, this is where I have a bone to pick. My skin was not moisturized, not was it dry from the soap. It was, well, sort of the same as it always is. Normal. Nothing special to note, at all.
The 3.5 ounce bar of Figs and Leaves cost me $7.25, which is a bit steep when it comes to Lush soaps. Seeing how this soap does not even come close to working as well as Lush's other soaps, I won't be buying Figs and Leaves again. Although I liked the scent, and I liked the lasting power, there are many other low priced soaps available with better scent, longer lasting power, and these soaps actually moisturize the skin.
Although I liked Figs and Leaves, I don't love it. If the price went down to $4.00 I would reconsider it. Till then... it will sit in the back burner of my mind.
Availability:
Figs and Leaves can be purchased at any local Lush store, or online at www.lush.com. The price will remain the same. However in stores you can get a larger or smaller cut, which will effect the overall price.
Ingredients Taken From Lush.com:
Fig Decoction (Ficus carica), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Perfume, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus dulcis), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate,

No comments:

Post a Comment