Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Bath & Body Works Iced Tea Twist Lotion from the Temptations Line

I am a huge fan if Bath & Body Works Iced Tea Twist 3 in 1 bath gel from the Temptations line. The scent is to die for. It is the most realistic scent I have ever smelled captured in a bath product. It gets the big 5 star rating, 2 thumbs up, the whole nine.
When I learned that Iced Tea Twist had a sister body lotion I went on a rampage ripping through all of my local stores looking for it. When I found it sitting on a shelf for $8 for a 10 ounce bottle, I clicked open the cap, and sure enough it smelled just like the 3 in 1 gel. Mouth watering, and delicious. The perfect scent of iced tea captured in a bottle. How they did it I do not know, but I do know it's superb.
What Bath & Body Works says about Iced Tea Twist lotion:
"FRESHLY BREWED AND ICED BABY. Was it the refreshing tea or the zesty lemon that put a zing in her step? Together they were bliss. That day she found herself skipping down the street, smiling to passers-by, taking two stairs at a time when she hurried to the shower. All those who saw her that day suspected romance. Why else would she be beaming on such a gray day? Of course, she knew that it was iced tea and lemon. And not necessarily in that order."
The lotion itself comes in a tall stand up bottle in an amber color. It has a poorly drawn cup of iced tea on it with a lemon wedge on the cup and ice cubes sticking out of the top. It's not the prettiest bottle I have ever seen. Who cares though, it's what's inside that counts. The lotion itself is a burnt orange color, and the texture is perfect. Not too thick, nor runny.
The lotion absorbs nicely, and does not leave any greasy or oily residue behind. It dries within minutes, and you can actually slip into some clothes while it is drying so your clothes capture the scent as well.
Iced Tea Twist lotion did not provide any moisturization for my skin, and really I don't mind. I buy my lotions just for scent. I don't care if it leaves my skin hydrated or not.
I placed the lotion everywhere. I went into a frenzy, I began with my feet, up the legs, to the belly, and finally my chest and arms. I was smelling like a lemony fresh cup of tea. As a matter of fact I reeked of it, and loved every moment of it. The scent lasts for hours, and I went on wearing it for almost a week...until my cousin came over.
We usually hang out every Saturday, and on that day we go shopping and do the normal things girls do. As I stepped into her car she immediately asked if 'I smelled that'
'Smell what?',
I asked.
'Cat piss!!! Phew, it smells like cat piss, and, it's coming from your direction.'
I knew exactly what she was referring to. My Iced Tea Twist lotion! I had never thought of it before, and up until she mentioned the smell of cat wizz, I never even recognized it. However the moment she mentioned it, I too distinguished the Iced Tea Twist lotion with cat pee. Great!
I went on through the rest of the day getting whiffs of cat pee in my nose. I stunk, and I was self conscious up until the scent wore off a few hours later. The scent was not cat pee up until about an hour later after drying and absorbing into my skin. I guess it is just the way it smells on my skin, because it smells nothing like cat wee in the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment