Thursday, July 31, 2014

Aromaco Deodorant Bar by Lush How Well Does This Deodorant Bar Work

Don't you hate when you are at the near bottom of your deodorant stick, and when you go in for the armpit coverage, you have the damn thing fall to the floor? You have no choice but to pick it up and apply the messy left overs by hand...not by choice, but because this is the last stick you have available in the house.
This is sort of what Lush's Aromaco deodorant bar is all about. You see, you don't get deodorant in a clean stick, you get a freaking bar! Think about it! Think about the mess, the hassle. Then think, why? Why the hell has Lush made a deodorant bar that does not come in a stick, why couldn't they just make things easy for their customers?
I would have never ordered Aromaco on my own, the whole concept seemed like a real pain in the keester. However with a recent order Lush decided it would be funny to add in a free sample of this 'deodorant bar' called Aromaco.
I knew that on their site there were many complaints about a certain deodorant bar causing huge burning rashes. Luckily this bar was not the one spoken of, so of course I had to try it.
THE BAR:
The bar is a sickly off white color. It is pretty crusty looking. Inside the Dixie cup that Lush packaged it in, a lot of the deodorant residue stuck to the walls of the cup. It looked messy before I even tried it.
I examined it inside of its cup before deciding how I was going to apply it.
SCENT:
This is clearly not your traditional deodorant. Everything about Lush is all natural, and chemical free. So this deodorant was quite the shocker. I'm used to pretty flowery scents or cool refreshing ones. Aromaco on the other hand smelled like herbs. A bunch of them. Herbs that I would add to soup. There was also a distinct scent of patchouli. However it was not strong to the point were it reminded me of Lush's famous Karma scent.
Okay... so I have my pizza topping deodorant bar in my hand now. The thing is as hard as a rock, but I had read reviews by others who claim leaving it in your hand for awhile to warm it up makes applying easy. So I did that.
APPLICATION:
EWWW!!!! How nasty. This feels so gross. Not the deodorant, but just the whole concept in general. I felt like a primate, a caveman. A barbarian.
The bar seemed to keep me dry for some time, but then a few hours later, a stink, a foul stink...and that stink was me. Not only that my pits had moisture under them. I barely ever get moist armpits when I use my regular Degree brand. But now, here I was, stuck in a shopping center smelling the place up, clearing isles, and feeling so frigging embarrassed.
I may sweat very slightly at times, but I NEVER EVER smell bad! This was a major disappointment, but honestly I was not expecting much from this junk. I'm just glad I never payed for it. I am disappointed though that Lush sent me this garbage instead of something else to sample.
Aromaco quickly made it's way to the trash when I got home. A waste of 'natural resources' indeed.
RECOMMENDATION:
Did you read the review? NO! I would not recommend anyone trying this garbage. It's messy, it crumbles when you try applying it, the scent is hideous, and the protection is flawed. I smelled like pizza topping and body odor.
INGREDIENTS:
Witch Hazel Infusion (Hamamelis virginiana), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Stearate, Chamomile Vinegar (Anthemis nobilis), Sodium Bicarbonate, Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Perfume,
PRICING:
Aromaco costs $6.55 for a 3.5 oz bar. You can buy it online at www.Lush.com or at any local Lush store. However, I recommend that you just pass this one up, and don't look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment