Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of 100% Pure: Freshly Squeezed Strawberry Lemonade Juicy Shower Gel, Bath & Body Works

Sometimes I want to smack myself, because I have absolutely no self control when it comes to bathing products. I have boxes filled with goodies from bath bombs, to shower gels. You name it, I most likely have it, or have tried it.
Lately though, I have been concentrating on buying only scents that I haven't had yet, or ones that are unique. I don;t know how many different chocolate gels I have used that all smell similar to the next.
In the summer months I try to focus on summer scents that include fruity fragrances to flowery ones. I meant to go into Bath and Body Works solely for shampoo and conditioner, but while there I picked up a summer treat. I only bought it because I have never seen or used anything with strawberry in it, so when I saw Freshly Squeezed Strawberry Lemonade Juicy Shower Gel by 100% Pure, I knew I had to try it.
In the store I did a sniff test, and mmm boy I had to have it. It smelled just like strawberries with a nice hint of citrusy lemonade. Good enough to drink!
When I caught a glimpse of it's price though I was a little take back. I knew if I waited I could most likely get it on sale. But the shopping addict I am took over, and before I knew it I was cashing out. I figured $13.00 for a 16.6 ounce bottle was worth it.
What Bath & Body Works.com says about their Strawberry Lemonade shower gel:
"This exhilarating, richly foaming cleanser is a delicious concoction of fresh-squeezed strawberry lemonade, lemon essential oil, skin-brightening berries, potent anti-aging antioxidants and vitamins to make your skin healthy, glowing and vibrant. Domestic."
I mean how could I resist that? Real fresh squeezed strawberry lemonade! I couldn't, so I can't be held responsible for my purchasing actions.
The gel itself looked a lot more watery and runny from what I have seen from other gels, but I figured that was because it was 100% pure, and usually them fresh 100% pure products are a lot different from the norm.
In the shower I slowly squeezed some of the transparent pink gel into my bath puff, I first squished it around in my hand before applying it to my body, because it most likely would have just dripped to the floor. As soon as I had a good lather working in my hands though, I applied it to my skin. The lather was rich, and very bubbly, the smell was intoxicating, and the whole time I was wishing that it would last on my skin after drying up. To smell this good would of been well worth the $13.00 purchase.
After drying off, the scent did linger a tad, but it vanished within only a few minutes after that. My skin however was left feeling soft, and well moisturized. Mommy like!
My next shower I decided to use this gel as a shampoo. I tend to use shower gels as shampoos because it's practically the same thing as shampoo. It worked wonderfully as a shampoo, but did leave my hair feeling a bit dry after rinsing it out. I followed up with a nice conditioner, and all was well. What was superb about using it as shampoo was that the scent stood in my hair for the rest of the day.
So although this formula is meant to be used as a body gel, it works fragrant wonders as a shampoo as well.
Satisfied?You betcha!
Overall: It's a winner. I totally see myself trying new scents from this collection time and time again. I like how it makes my skin feel, and love how the scent lasts in my hair when I use it as shampoo.
Packaging:
Strawberry Lemonade comes in a clear bottle with a sticker over it. On the sticker is a drawn picture of a strawberry. Next to the strawberry is the saying 100% pure, and then the name of the scent. The gel itself is a light transparent pinkish orange, which reminds me of the color of a peach, only more pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment