Thursday, July 31, 2014

Suave Hair Spray Maximum Hold 10 Review

I hate my hair, it's thick, unruly, and in hot humid weather it has a mind of its own. I like millions of other woman can honestly state 'I hate my hair'. I'm not the only one, I'm sure.
On hot humid days all you want to do is tie your hair up, and get it out of your face. I usually toss mine up and roll it into a bun. However if I don't use hair spray to tame down the frizz and loose ends my hair will end up slipping from the bun and hair tie. My result is a flippy floppy straggly mess if I don't use hair spray.
In the summer time I go for maximum hold level 10. Level 10 hair sprays at times though can be difficult to find, because it seems it is the hold level everyone in the world wants. I can't say I blame them, I always look for level 10. Anything below it seems to loose it's hold before noon.
I came across Suave hair sprays years ago, and was only able to find lower level holds for my hair. Recently though, I got extremely lucky and came across Suaves Maximum Hold level 10 in a local Target for only $1.79. I plopped it into my cart and hoped for the best. I have used maximum hold level 10 sprays before and most of them do hold, but they leave behind snowflakes, and glue like residue. Seeing how I have used Suave before and have never gotten snowflakes from their sprays I figured I would go ahead and give it a try.
Suaves Maximum Hold level 10 comes in a long pink aerosol can. It contains 6.5 ounces of spray. You can usually find it in the hair care section piled up with other Suave products. The price will remain in or around $2.00 after taxes.
The bottle itself promised maximum strong and flexible hold. I had a feeling the whole 'flexible' line was B.S. The bottle also stated that it would not leave my hair sticky or too stiff. I also doubted that, I assumed a level 10 hold would make my hair as stiff as a board. But hey, I had to wait till I got home to see for myself right.
I tied my hair back in it's usual style and wrapped my hair up in a high bun. I had tons of loose hair, and frizzes sticking up like I always do. I then took my can of hair spray, held it 12 inches away from my hair, and began spraying. After I had a good coating, I rubbed my hands across my hair ensuring a hold down on loose frizzes that were sticking up. My hand sort of stuck to my hair, but I was able to pull it up before it ruined my style.
The hair spray is unscented which for me is sort of a bummer. I have always enjoyed a light flowery scent that most hair sprays leave behind. I have to settle with what works though, so...
The hair spray dried fast, way faster than what I was used to. It was sticky at first, but as it dried the sticky feeling went away. It did not leave my hair hard, but it did leave some strands crispy feeling. I didn't mind though, you could not tell it was crispy by looking at it, you had to touch it. I don't have any plans to allow anyone to touch my hair but me, so really it was not big deal. What was a big deal though was whether or not this hair spray would give me the white flaky curse that many hair sprays do. The flakes that look like dandruff.
A few hours went by and my hair was still in perfect condition. I inspected it closely in the mirror and there were not white flakes I could notice. There was a flaky residue yes, but not huge noticeable flakes where others may mistake it for dandruff.
My style lasted till night time, and I can honestly say I was satisfied with my cheap purchase. I just hope I am able to get my hands on a level 10 again, it seems to be the best hold out of all of the hair sprays in Suaves collection. Level 8 and 9 are good, but they do not last as long as level 10. I was honestly surprised at how well this spray worked, I have used hair sprays from designer name brands that ran me $20, and didn't work even as half as well as this $1.79 bottle did. Bravo Suave!
This hair spray also works like a charm on hot humid days when you want to style your hair with a curling iron. Simply curl your hair, spray in a quick spritz, and your curl will hold for hours. Impressed? Yeah, I was too.
WARNINGS:
This hair spray is flammable, so avoid fire, flame or smoking until your hair is completely dry. Do not puncture or incinerate. Contents under pressure. Do not spray in eyes, and keep out of reach of children. Use only as directed; intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling contents can be harmful or fatal.
INGREDIENTS:
Water (Aqua); Dimethyl Ether; SD Alcohol 40-B (Alcohol Denat.); VA/Crotonates/Vinyl Neodecanoate Copolymer; Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer; Tocopherol (Vitamin E); Panthenol; AMP-Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein; Aminomethyl Propanol; Fragrance (Parfum); Sodium Benzoate; Cyclohexylamine; Cyclopentasiloxane; Sodium PCA; Butylene Glycol

No comments:

Post a Comment