Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of LUSH the Comforter Bubble Bar

Hollywood here I come...In the bath tub anyways.
Now I'm sure everyone here reading this always wondered how Hollywood created such awesome bubbles in the bathtub for bathroom bath scenes. No matter how much soap and bath powder and doo dads you add in the tub, the bubbles have not even come close to what you see on the movies!
Well say goodbye to bubble baths that pop out and disappear in less than 5 minutes. I have found the new solution, a product that will fill the bathtub with enough bubbles to make any girl go ga-ga.
ITEM OF THE WEEK:
The Comforter Bubble Bar!
A sweet little treat for any bubble bath lover. I'm sure there are plenty of you wondering what a bubble bar is. Well it's made by Lush, and is designed to be broken up under running water. Within seconds luscious foaming bubbles will fill your entire tub. It is recommended to only use half of your bubble bar during use and to save the other half. Believe me, all you will need is half.
Comforter Bubble bar is a large rectangular shaped bar. It actually reminded me of a strawberry shortcake roll. The bar itself is pink with swirls of white running all around it.
The Comforter Bubble Bar is the larger of bubble bars that Lush offers, so the Comforter bar can be cut into 4 pieces for 4 separate uses. If you add the entire 7oz bar you could end up with more bubbles than you would know what to do with. 1 cut will fill the entire tub for the entire bath, so there is no need to get greedy. Not to mention the fact that The Comforter Bubble Bar costs $8.45, so really you want to get the most out of it.
NOW... TO PUT THE BAR TO THE TEST:
I cut my bar into 4 pieces and took one section into the bathroom with me. I then crumbled the chunk in my hands under running hot water. The bar crumbles easily, and within seconds my tub filled with tons of luscious thick bubbles. I honestly was not expecting to get much out of this strange concept of a bubble bath, but I was happy to see the results. Not only that but the bubble bar also changed the water a lovely pink color. I could barely see the water though, that is seriously how bubbly it was.
The huge amount of bubbles, the lovely pink colored water, it can't get any better than that...or can it?
YES it can, and it does!
The scent of Comforter was that of candy and flowers. A comforting scent indeed; the name fit this bubble bar well. It reminded me of cotton candy mixed with a touch of honey and wildflowers. The water was also extremely silky and felt nice on my skin. I soaked for about 20 minutes and my bubbles were still standing strong, I felt bad saying goodbye to them as I drained them.
It is a miracle to get 5 minutes out of regular drug store bubble bath product. Lush's bubble bath bars are seriously a product all it's own, and The Comforter Bar is by far the best I have tried yet.
After drying up, the sweet smell of candy stood with me for hours. This is what Lush is famous for, scents that last. Some products may be a dud when it comes to long lasting scents, but The Comforter Bubble Bar lasted, and this is why I give it the two thumbs up seal of approval!
HOW DOES LUSH DO IT?
By adding, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Cocoamide DEA, Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Cassis Absolute (Ribes nigrum), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), *Limonene, *Linalool, D&C Red No. 27, D&C Red No. 33
OVERALL:
If you enjoy bubble baths, but are sick and tired of bubbles that die out as soon as you step into the tub, The Comforter Bubble Bar is a must have treat for anyone. Girls, and guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment