Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream

I had mentioned ruining my hair in an earlier review, and I quickly mentioned giving Cholesterol Conditioner a try when trying to fix dry damaged hair, so I figured I may as well give my reasonings as to why you should use Queen Helene's Cholesterol Conditioner.
A few years ago I damaged my hair. I tried dyeing it on my own with horrible results. I then decided dyeing it again the same day would fix the horrible error in color. Oh it did fix the error, but what I was left with was dry over processed brittle hair. I could barely run a brush through it without it ruining strands of my hair.
In order to restore my hair back to it's healthy state, I had to use many products. One product that worked like a charm and that I still use even with healthy hair was Queen Helene Conditioning Cream. I bought the conditioning cream in a 15 ounce jar. The jar itself looked far from attractive, and honestly I would have never of purchased it if it weren't for a friend recommending it to me.
The jar itself is in a cloudy plastic tub with a white screw off lid. The jar has the Queen Helene logo on it with the name of the product, which in this case was the cholesterol cream. On the tub the product promises to treat dry, chemically processed damaged hair, while leaving behind a healthy shine, and resilience.
The directions were simple to follow, and all it called for was for me to apply some of the cream after a shampoo and conditioning, and to just leave it in wet hair. Make sure you apply generously to drier areas, you can then wet the hair and rub it into a creamy lather and cover your hair in a wrap, leave it in for a half hour or longer depending on how conditioned you want it.
Okay, so after my shower I twisted of the cap and dug in. I was a bit repulsed by it, because it reminded me of pure butter. It was greasy, oily, and even resembled the color of butter. The scent was subtle and present, but not disgusting. It wasn't the greatest scent I had ever smelled, but I could deal.
I globed the cholesterol cream into my hair, and applied a plastic back to cover it. I left it in for a good hour, because my hair was shot.
I then took the bag off, and went into the shower to try and rinse it out. The directions called for NO shampooing, so basically I had to really work hard to remove this butter textured goop from my hair. God was it disgusting. I swear it must have taken me nearly an hour just to rinse out the nasty greasy feel it left behind. After a good long tedious struggle though, my hair felt normal once again.
I stepped out to let my hair air dry. As it began to dry though I could honestly see a difference in the texture of my hair. The difference was not enormous, but I knew that with more treatments, my hair would be back to a healthy recovery sooner.
I used the cholesterol cream the way the directions mentioned once a week, but during the rest of the week I made up my own way to use the cream. I would use it in the shower, mixed with my regular conditioner. That way it was not as greasy feeling, and it rinsed out a lot easier.
It took almost 6 months for my hair to come back to normal, but honestly the cholesterol cream made my hair stronger, so the long road to recovery was not as difficult.
There are may other products made by Queen Helene, and seeing how the Cholesterol cream worked so well, I am sure that their other products work wonders too.
Availability/Pricing: Cholesterol cream costs around $4-$5, and can be found at any local drug store or super store within that price range. You can also buy this cream in much larger jugs and containers for a bit more money.
In my opinion a cholesterol treatment should be used on normal healthy hair once a month, and it should be used once a week, if not more, for those with damaged hair.
One tip, and one tip only I can give about using this is to make sure you rinse thoroughly. If not your hair will be left looking greasy, it will be weighed down, and will even look dirty, so do make sure you rinse really, really well. Rinse until you feel no more grease.
For more information on this product and other Queen Helene products visit the official website at www.queenhelene.com

No comments:

Post a Comment