Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of LUSH - Sexy Peel Soap

Lush is brining sexy back, and in my quest to trying all soaps made by Lush, my next stop was Lush's SEXY PEEL.
At first I was in no rush to order this particular soap because for one, most soaps with a lemon scent usually end up smelling like furniture polish. Not only that but observing the picture, I wasn't sure how I felt about the abrasive lemon peels on top of the soap. I for one hate rough exfoliation in my bath products, and Sexy Peel looked like it had too much exfoliation by the looks of the photo on the website at www.Lush.com.
Sexy Peel only entered my online shopping cart because it is the most reasonably priced soap available from Lush. It came about 15 days later packaged up and sealed with a kiss. I love how Lush makes a customer feel special by adding such a cheesy little quote to the box.
Anyway, Sexy Peel was packaged nicely and well protected with tons of paper stuffing to keep it from melting or getting damaged in the transit. My bar was an almost perfectly cut square with yellow some yellow lemon peels sticking out of the top. The bar though looked nothing like what was on the website. I was actually glad to have gotten less of the lemon peel, so I was happy with my bar.
Sexy Peel was wrapped up in a clear wrap with a deli sticker on it. On this sticker usually Lush will add in the name of the employee who made the soap, and some will have an expiration date. Mine had neither. It was disappointing, and I felt like they rushed my order. Whatever! I was happy either way, usually I'm always happy with my Lush orders.
I could smell the subtle hint of lemon, but man oh man did the smell really take over once I peeled the wrapping off. The lemon scent was strong, and it hit my nostrils hard. It smelled just like lemon drop candy, it was mouth watering, and I could not wait to get into the shower to put it to the ultimate test.
Before the shower though, I cut my bar up into sample sized slices, and only took one slice into the shower with me. Sexy peel was a lot softer than most soaps, and I knew if I brought the whole bar in, it would just melt away really fast. I saved the rest of the slices in a cool dry place. (I stuck mine in my dresser draw, and it left my clothes smelling fantastic)
In the shower, Sexy Peel really got funky once warm water hit it. Warm water always tends to boost the fragrance of Lush soaps, and sometimes thats a good thing, and sometimes, bad.
Sexy Peel however kicked in hard, and kicked in strong, and not only that the kick was wonderful. The lemon scent was not fake, nor that of furniture polish. It smelled like freshly squeezed lemons, with a hint of sugar. I was in love.
LATHER:
The lather of the soap however failed terribly. Lush soaps don't usually have a rich luscious lather, and usually they barely even create bubbles. Sexy Peel fell into that category; only worse. The lather was almost non-existent, however I did feel like I was getting clean with my soap.
The small lemon peel shreds I could feel lightly brushing up against my skin, but they fell to the floor quickly, and I barely got exfoliation, which I didn't mind.
LASTING POWER-
Usually soaps from Lush have a scent that will last for hours after washing with them. Sexy Peel however vanished the moment I dried up. It was sad, but the 'in the shower' experience was pleasant. However not pleasant enough, I wanted this lovely lemon candy scent to stick with me, but it didn't. Big frown!
MOISTURIZED?
I have combination oily/dry skin. This soap didn't do much for my skin when it comes to moisturization. I didn't mind though, I usually don't look for moisturizing bath products. I buy them for scent, and usually that's it.
HOW TO GET YOUR SEXY ON:
You can order Sexy Peel online, or you can pick up a piece from any local Lush store. At Lush stores you can request how many ounces you want, where online you are limited to the 3.5oz bar.
HOW LUSH GETS THEIR SEXY ON:
Water (Aqua), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Propylene Glycol, Cornstarch (Zea mays), Lime Peel, Lemon Peel, Grapefruit Peel, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Fresh Lime Juice (Citrus aurantifolia), Fresh Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Perfume, Grapefruit Oil (Citrus grandis), Fresh Grapefruit Juice (Citrus grandis), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, *Occurs naturally in essenetial oils
RECOMMENDATION:
People looking for something to hydrate their skin, should pass this soap up. People who look for an aromatherapy type shower, should give it a try. It packs a lemony punch that will wake you right up and have you saying... ahhhh...at the low cost, it's worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment