Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of LUSH: Angel's Delight Soap

Lush is an addiction, a love, a passion, and honestly I need an AA program to help me recover, and to stop spending half my paycheck every other week on their site.
WHAT IS LUSH?
Lush is a bath and body product store and online store. Everything is made of fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs. Most of their products are all natural and vegan. None of their products are ever tested on animals. This is sort of what attracts me to their products, the fact that it's chemical free, and no animals were guinea pigged. Oh yeah, and the smell of their products are divine. But I'll mention this further on.
WARNING:
Lush soaps, massage bars, body butters and other items all melt rather quickly. Not melt before your eyes quickly, but fast enough. So when I order their soaps, I cut them into sample sized pieces and use one at a time. I save the rest in a cool dry place, or in the fridge.
If you ever happen to order from www.Lush.com expect to wait from 12-15 days for it to ship to you. You can also shop ant any local lush stores if you happen to have one nearby. If not your stuck to shopping online, which stinks because their shipping rates are a bit unfair.
Items will arrived neatly packed and sealed with a kiss (Thats what the label says anyways). Your items should all have an expiration date. Yup thats right, some of Lush's products have an expiration date as to when you should discard the item. However I have never gotten such a thing on any of my items, and I don't know why Lush mentions it, if they don't add it. There should also be the name of the person who handmade your product. Again, I have yet to receive this either. It's a small disappointment, but the products make up for it. Not only that with every order Lush throws in 2 samples of their products. Sometimes though it's as if they don't really look what you ordered and you end up with 2 samples of things you already have. Wake up Lush!
MY ITEM OF THE WEEK:
ANGELS DELIGHT!
It's a lovely glycerin/cream handmade soap. On the Lush website it is pinkish in color with glitter stars all throughout.
However Lush soaps are cut from the block, so you never know what you're going to get. I for one have never ever gotten the golden ticket; as in angel stars.
My first bar was an all pink glycerin based soap. But my second order of it came in a pink and purple glycerin, with swirls of creamy blue throughout it. The scent thankfully remained the same.
The soap itself it $6.65 for 3.5oz bar.
I cut mine up into sample sized pieces and got nearly 10-12 pieces out of it. Pretty cool!
Lush soaps are known to become very potent once warm water hits them. It's like activating the stink button. But oh the stink is heavenly. I could really understand why Lush would call this one Angel's Delight. It smelled simply delightful. A delicious scent of fruit punch filled the air, and I happily scrubbed away.
In the shower I knew this glycerin based soap would last most likely for only 5-10 minutes and melt away to nothing. However it lasted so long I didn't even have to use the entire thing. So I saved the rest for the next day.
Angel's Delight doe not do such a wonderful job though when it comes to creating a luscious lather. However it did make me feel clean, and it did rinse off without leaving any residue or greasy icky feeling behind.
After my shower was over and done with, I could smell the scent of this fruity goodness surrounding me and sticking with me. The smell lasted for at least 3-4 hours afterward, which is pretty dang good for soap. I never have any soaps scent last with me after a shower. Usually the scent is gone when I'm dry. This is not the case with Angels Delight. This is why I dub this particular soap with a perfect 100% when it comes to Lush soaps.
It's so lovely I'm growing wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment