Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Lush - Honey I Washed the Kids Soap

I am a Lush fanatic.
My quest: To try every single Lush soap available! My next voyage onto Lush's site brought me to Honey I Washed The Kids. I don't know why I waited so long to try this one. Perhaps it was the higher price for a 3.5oz bar of handmade soap?
Yeah, Lush charges $7.75 for this particular baby. The high price in my opinion is only based on Honey I Washed The Kids popularity. It is Lush's number one seller. Of course I had to have it.
My soap came packaged in the usual Lush shipping box. If you have never ordered from Lush before your order will come in a standard brown box with the Lush seal all over it, and the famous, sealed with a kiss stamped on it.
Honey I washed the kids was neatly packed and protected with surrounding newspapers and a copy of Lush Life magazine. Lush life magazine is a monthly issue that will feature most of Lush's items. Sadly though you cannot order from the magazine itself, you must go back online to place an order, or go to a Lush store to make purchases.
My soap was sealed in a clear plastic wrap with Lush's famous deli sticker on it to hold the wrap on. This sticker will have the name of the employees who handmade the soap, and an expiration date for the soap. I love the personal touch Lush will add at times, but lately with every order this information has been blank. Bah!
SCENT:
I pulled the sticker off, and peeled the wrap off, and immediately the scent hit me. No wonder this one is a best seller. The scent was not honey at all, it instead smelled of sweet caramel. It was as if someone had just placed a freshly dipped caramel apple in front of me. The smell was mouth watering, and intoxicating. God I hoped the scent lasted after using it.
LOOK:
Honey I Washed The Kids is probably the most interesting looking piece of soap, on the site. In person however the look of the soap is nothing like the picture Lush displays. The honeycomb for one is so small and did not contain the honey comb shaped discs like in the picture I have added. Instead the soap you will be getting will be a caramel colored cream soap, with a small quarter inch of glycerin amber colored soap attached to the top.
I usually cut all of my Lush soaps into sample sized pieces and only use on piece at a time, and when I tried cutting this soap, my task proved to be no easy task. The amber glycerin topping on the soap peeled right off. I had to cut the slices very slowly to keep the honeycomb attached. I knew though that once I used this in the shower most likely it would fall off anyway.
In the shower I was right. the glycerin honeycomb fell right to the floor. I scooped it up quickly and rubbed it all around. It produced little to no lather at all. However I did get some lather out of the creamy caramel colored section. It was nothing to write home about but it was fair enough, and the scent was just fantastic.
In the shower Lush soaps tend to get stronger once warm water hits them. The smell of warm caramel was easily detected, and I could actually detect a slight hint of honey. Surprisingly this soap was supposed to smell more like honey than caramel, only it barely smells of honey. You have to sniff hard to even get the subtle hint of the scent.
DRYING UP:
I really prayed that this sweet scent stood with me after I dried off. However once I was dry, so was the scent. Sigh! I really wanted this one to last, but it didn't. My towel smells good though. But me, I just smell like nothing.
My skin didn't feel any more hydrated going in than it did coming out either. But to be honest the scent in the shower was so wonderful, I was willing to forgive Lush for this mishap. I just wish they'd make a lotion in this scent.
HOW LUSH WASHED THE KIDS:
By adding, Honey Water (Mel Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Beeswax (Cera alba), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), Bergamot Oil (Citrus bergamia), Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis), Aloe cupensis), Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Titanium Dioxide
WASH YOUR OWN KIDS!
You can purchase this at Lush's website at www.Lush.com or you can purchase it at any Lush store. Go to the site for locations.
OVERALL:
Honey I washed the kids is a lovely experience in the shower, sadly though the scent vanishes after you dry up. However I will order this one over and over again just for the lovely aromatherapy session I got in the shower while using it. This one reminds me of Whether's Originals all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment