Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of LUSH Rock Star Soap

LUSH ITEM OF THE WEEK: ROCK STAR SOAP!
Rock star soap is made by Lush with all natural ingredients. None of that nasty chemical animal fat garbage that is found in many soaps on the market today. Most products made by Lush are vegetarian, and contain no harsh ingredients. Almost all of their soaps are vegan, and not to mention the fact that Lush does not, will not, and has not ever tested on animals. A major plus for us green earth lovers, and those who have a strong belief in animal rights.
Anyways, the Rock star bar is a lovely creamy pink colored soap that is cut from the block. It is a creamy based soap, and therefore does not melt as fast as some of Lush's glycerin based soaps. Don't get me wrong though, it does melt faster than the average bar of soap.
My Rock star bar came sealed with a kiss. (That's what Lush prints on the box anyways) Usually Lush soaps are wrapped in a deli like wrapper with a deli sticker and will have the name of the person who handmade your soap. Also there should be an expiration date. Thats right,I said some soaps expires.
Seeing how Lush makes most of their soaps with real fresh fruits and vegetables, the soaps do expire. However you will use them faster than they can expire, so it's really nothing to worry about.
WHO CUT THE SOAP!?
Everyone who orders soap from Lush should cut them. All you need is a sample sized piece, and the rest you should store away from any heat sources, seeing how they melt quickly.
You cut the soap to ensure many uses from it. And with the Rock star bar being a 3.5oz bar I got about 7 pieces out of it, and stored the rest away in the refrigerator for later use.
SMELLING LIKE A ROCK STAR!
Not exactly. Actually when I think of rock stars I imagine the scent of stale cigarettes, liquor, and sweat. Rock star is a girly scent, and smells more like cotton candy and gummy bears than it does anything else. I couldn't wait to put this one to the test and see how well it worked in the shower.
SO...
In the shower I brought with me a slice from the bar, and began rubbing it all over. The lather stunk and barely even produced a sud. It was more like applying lotion to my skin. The scent however was very sweet once the warm water hit it. It wasn't overly sweet, but to be honest this bar is something a younger girl would enjoy than me at 25. It's smelled way to strong of candy and I even detected the scent of cherry cough syrup which I was not fond of.
The soap lasted for the entire shower, and I even had some left over to save in the hand soap dish. I'd rather use it on my hands than my body.
DRYING UP:
After drying up, usually Lush soaps will leave a lovely scent behind on my skin, but Rock star seemed to disappear as soon as I dried up using a towel. Now the towel smells nice, but the scent was gone. The soap didn't leave my skin feeling any moisturization, nor a scent. WHAT A WASTE!
The rest of the bar I gave away to friends and family members to use on their children. It's a scent a grown woman may not like very much. I'd recommend it from 5-19. The scent is just too overpowering of candy and cough medicine in the shower for my likings.
ROCK STAR:
Yeah you'd have to be a rock star to afford this one. You only get 3.5oz of soap, and it doesn't;t do anything for your skin, and the scent does not even last. For $7.60 Rock star is a rip off.
HOW TO MAKE A ROCK STAR:
Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, D&C Red No. 33,
IF YOU MUST TRY IT ANYWAY:
You can buy it any any local Lush store where you can get a larger cut of the soap for a higher price. If you don't have a Lush store by you, order it online at www.Lush.com, while you are there though check out Angel's Delight instead.
RECOMMENDATION:
Those fond of wasting money on soaps that do nothing for your skin, and have a foul cough medicine like scent mixed with candy. Blech! Everyone else; don't even bother with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment