Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Lush Jungle Hair Conditioner

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, my hair looks such such a fright... ohhhweee......weeeee...
Okay, all humor aside; I have wild, wild, crazy hair if it is not taken care of properly. My hair requires creams, lotions, deep conditioners, frizz sprays, and all types of hair supplies to stay straight. In all reality though, I hate straightening, it just takes so much time, so most of the time I will just flip it up into a wild bun.
However when summer months arrive, my hair dried out and feels hay like easily if I do not condition it enough. When I cam across Lush's Jungle Hair Conditioner Bar, I was surprised. I had never used a conditioner bar before, and the whole concept was interesting.
According to Lush all I had to do was wet my hair and slide this bar down the length of my hair a few times. Seeing how I have thick long fur, I knew that a few times meant like 20 times for mop heads like me. The conditioner comes in a 3.5 ounce almost cylinder shaped cut bar however it is more rectangular/squarish shaped than it is a roll in the photo, in a moss colored green; the reason I ordered it was because it was from Lush for one, and secondly it promised me tame to my jungle, while providing soft and shiny hair. Oh lordie, oh lordie!!!! It's just what I've always wanted.. dooo deee, dahhh.... Just what I've always wanted.
When the bar arrived in the mail, I was surprised at it's size. It was a lot larger than I had imagined it would be, so I was happy knowing I could cut this one up into smaller pieces while storing the rest away. So that's what I did. I sliced and diced my bar. Ching, ching, ching!
I loved the scent, could detect why they would call it jungle conditioner, because it had a tropical fruit like scent, which reminded me of bananas and mango. Yep, the scent was a winner, but how did it work was the real question.
After shampooing I began rubbing Jungle down my hair, over and over again. Nothing really happened at first ad it took a few swiped for the hard bard to actually soften up a tad and begin sticking to my fur bots. Yeah, I said fur bots, what of it?
Anyhow, after a few swipes, I could feel the goo starting to stick, however as I applied more and more, I could not feel it really doing anything, by now I should have felt some moisturization in my hair, my hair should of been turning silky and it should of been easy to run my fingers through.
So I used more, rubbidy, dubbitty doo...
Still the same though, and I had used a hell of a lot. I rinsed the goo out of my hair, and it felt knotty, messy, and un-washed!
Still I figured maybe the real treat would come after blow drying. Boy what a waste of time that turned out to be. My hair was dull looking, knotty, and looked like crap. I hate Jungle conditioner.
I figured though, that maybe I needed to use to whole damn bar, seeing how I have some thick hair man. The next shot I tried using the whole bar, but failed. My arm got tired. I managed to use quite a bit though, and I did manage to work up a bit of a moisturizing lather. However, the results were the same, messy, knotty, ugly, ugly, ugly!!!
I hate Jungle conditioner, I feel that my hair now resembles a jungle after using it. It's terrible. The scent is pleasant, but it really is an awful alternative to real conditioner. Why I thought a bar would work magic is beyond me, sometimes we make stupid choices; we all do, and Jungle Conditioner Bar was my stupid choice.
Ingredients:
Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Fresh Avocado Extract (Persea gratissima), Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Perfume, Soya Lecithin, Fresh Figs (Ficus carica), Fresh Bananas (Musa paradisiaca), Fresh Passion Fruit (Passiflora edulis), Fresh Kumquat (Fortunella japonica), Fresh Kiwi Fruit (Actinidia chinensis), Cetrimonium Bromide, Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata) Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album), Chlorophyll
For $9.50 for a 3.5 ounce bar, I will never ever be buying this one again. I wouldn't even purchase it if it went on some super sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment