Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Bath & Body Works, Banana Smoothie: 3 in One Shower Gel

I have never been fond of bananas. I don't like eating the weird chalky fruit, nor do I enjoy the smell, so when Bath & Body Works released Banana Smoothie as one of their scents in the Temptation line, I pretty much avoided it all together. I didn't even have the urge to give it a sniff test. I knew I would not like it. However recently someone added this scent to the bathroom, and I came upon Banana Smoothie in a trial sized 4 ounce bottle at the edge of the tub. The culprit- most likely good ol' ma. She was the banana lover, she put these nasty fruits in her cereal, ate em down like a monkey, and enjoyed nasty things such as banana bread, and banana scented candles. Me, blech. Blah, no thanks.
It is her house though, and shes entitled to her stinks.
I picked up the bottle and wanted to use it only because I knew she had been tapping out some of my moonlight path shampoo and conditioner. So I wanted to use up some of her crap, and teach her a lesson about touching other peoples bathing products. Seeing how my shampoo was nearly gone, I figured Banana Smoothie used as a shampoo wouldn't kill me.
I wet my hair and filled my palm with a decent sized squirt of the gel. It had a pretty yellow/peach pearl like color to it. The scent was banana alright, but not a realistic one. It was more like the smell your breath gets after eating a banana flavored RUNTS candy. There was also a very light subtle hint of strawberry. This was odd because Banana Smoothie was names Banana Smoothie, not Strawberry Banana Smoothie, which it should have been named. I inspected the bottle a bit closer, and sure enough hidden behind the picture of the banana on the bottle was a small strawberry just peeking out. So, I guess it was a strawberry banana scent. Go figure. Odd they wouldn't name it accordingly.
Anyhow, I scrubbed the gel into my hair, and it gave me a fine thick scented lather, which was actually quite nice. After filling up with suds, I decided to use Banana Smoothie as a body wash. The suds were the same as the ones on my head. Thick, rich and yep...creamy. I liked it, and the scent actually didn't bother me too much. I was actually, sort of, enjoying it.
I rinsed off, and then towel dried my body and hair. The banana scent did not last on my skin, but after drying my hair I can say that it did last in their. I had a nice banana scented mop on top for a few hours. Not too bad, and to think, I thought I was going to hate this one.
Overall:
Banana Smoothie made for a yummy scented body wash, and shampoo.
I didn't get the chance to try it out as a bubble bath, because good ol' ma caught on when she realized her bottle was half empty, that I had been using it. Tee-hee! Take that ma!
I have used Temptation 3 in 1's as bubble bath gel though, and I can say that I have never had one that had made note worthy bubbles. I am sure Banana Smoothie would have been the same.
Go get some:
You can pick up Banana Smoothie in a 4 ounce trial sized bottle for $5.00, or in a 16 ounce bottle for $12.00 in any local Bath & Body Works. You can also buy it online at www.bathandbodyworks.com for $12.00. They only sell the 16 ounce bottle however. I recommend you give it a try, even if you hate bananas, this scent is a sure pleaser to the senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment