Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Calgon Mmmmm Marshmallow Body Mist

I usually only buy perfume. But perfume usually; no, I should say; always, comes in a glass bottle. Carrying a glass bottle around in my purse is just a danger zone, and a waste of money. For one perfume is expensive, and two I'm a brute. I'm not gentle with my bag, and most of the time when I settle down somewhere my purse gets flung to the nearest table with great force. Glass perfume bottles tend to only withstand my bully like ways for about a week before breaking.
I ran into Calgon body mists many years ago. As a teen they were an all time favorite. But as I grew older, their scents seemed to remain all the same, and most of the time it would be such a potent candy like scent it would give me a belly ache.
However it's summer time, and I tend to sweat a bit more, and I always have to make sure I don't smell. My solution has always been to mask any detection of a bad scent under a perfume or spray until I am able to shower.
When I saw Calgons newer collection of Mmmmm body mists in a local CVS I figured I would give one a try. The new labels are attractive, and honestly it was the first thing I seen on the counter.
I went grabbing each bottle one by one and doing an air test spray to see how I liked them. Hmm... Orange pop... vanilla swirl...pear caramel...OH MY! I went with Marshmallow because the scent was not as overpowering and kiddy like as the others were. It reminded me of marshmallow, yes; but there was also a nice hint of vanilla which toned down the child like scent. It was more feminine and mature smelling than it was childish. At least I think so.
PACKAGING:
Calgon's Marshmallow is part of the Mmmm collection. It comes in a clear bottle with a label slapped over it, the label reads the name Mmmm Marshmallow, and there is a picture of dyed marshmallows on the label. Its pretty looking, but reminds me more of pastel colored candies you would get at easter time, than it does marshmallows. Calgons spritzer is covered in a transparent cap that easily pops on and off.
You can buy it as a 2oz spray or in a larger 8oz bottle. I went with the 2oz bottle, only because it would fit in my bad much easier. The 2oz spray came to about $4.00 while the larger was somewhere around $7
HOW WAS IT?
Well it was fantastic, thanks for asking. The scent is pleasing, however with all Calgon products I remember so well, the spray seems to reek of alcohol and then after that dries you are able to detect the light heavenly scent all around you.
Yeah for 10 minutes! Yup! This was the same gimmick I had as a teen. Crappy sprays that last for 10 stinkin' minutes. So yes, the smell was great, but not for long. It seems that as soon as the spray is fully absorbed, the scent disappears.
The scent does not even last on your clothing. At least if it would of left some scent behind on my clothes I could say I am slightly satisfied, but Calgons Marshmallow did nothing of the sort.
I may as well of bought some water in a bottle, because that is all this product seems to be. I should have known better, to think that this cheap company has improved their formula. Nope! The only thing improved was their packaging.
ISSUES:
1. The scent vanishes in minutes
2. The click cap decided to no longer click on. This seems to always happen with Calgon caps. They expand or something, and no longer are you able to cover the spray nozzle.
3. Once the cap no longer clicks on, the spray will leak through the spray nozzle.
OVERALL:
I am glad that I only bought the 2 ounce trial size bottle. I would of been pretty pissed knowing I had spent $8 for the larger bottle of disappearing scented water. I now use Marshmallow mist as a touch up scent for my dog after his bath.
RECOMMENDATION:
No. It's a waste of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment