Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Tropical Passionfruit Body Cream Bath & Body Works Signature Collection

Have you ever bought a scent that you loved while you took a sniff of it in the store, yet when you get home and actually use it, you find that it is actually quite repulsive?
This is exactly what happened when I bought Tropical Passionfruit Body Cream from Bath & Body Works Signature Collection. In the store I popped up the click cap and gave the plastic tube a small squeeze, just so I could get a good airy whiff of the scent. In the store it smelled like fruit punch and candy. I liked it. I plopped down my hard earned money and went on my way.
Let me tell you though, this body cream usually costs $10.50 for the 8 ounce tube, but I was a lucky hen and I got it on sale for about $5.00 during some annual sale.
Anyways, I got home and first applied the semi thick lotion to my legs. The texture reminded me of Body Butter, but not quite that thick. Thank God, because I hate body butters.
The lotion is white in color, but absorbed into my skin without leaving any greasy or sticky residue behind. My legs also felt rather moisturized and smooth. Not too bad for only $5.00. So I thought, up until the scent hit me.
The lovely fruity drink scent I recalled smelling in the store was no longer present. It now resembled rotten fruit. Maybe it was just the cream mixed with my body chemistry. I clicked open the cap. No it does stink, it's not just a stink on my body. It even stinks in the tube. How did I mistake this for a nice scent in the store? Then I thought perhaps I was also smelling sweet pea, seeing how they were burning the oil.
What I now had on me made my skin feel nice, but it smelled like rotting vegetation. I was able to detect moldy apples, rotting peaches, and a hint of freezer dried strawberries. It was terrible. Were the ingredients they used expired or something?
I went in to take a shower to get the scent off of me. I did not want people associating me with rotten fruits and vomit.
What Bath & Body Works.com says about it:
"Blended with tempting apricot nectar, exotic papaya and coconut cream, this passionfruit fragrance is intoxicatingly tropical and simply irresistible.
Domestic."

My 2 cents- This sounds nice, but they forgot to add in that most of the scents you will be inhaling smell rotten, old, and moldy. I like how they add in cute words though, like intoxicating, and irresistible.Nice try! Barf!
Overall:
Too bad about it, the body cream left my skin feeling nice, but the smell was just something I could not bear to have on me. I don't know what tropical passionfruit are, but they smell pretty nasty to me, and it is surely something I would not want to even try to eat. Note- The lotion tastes pretty bad too. Hehe.
Tropical Passionfruit should have been called rotten fruit cream. I don't know how they are still selling this one, I am sure though that in due time it will be another one of them scents to be discontinued. This one deserves to be discontinued.

No comments:

Post a Comment