Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Bath & Body Works Sea Island Cotton Body Lotion

I have always been a fan of Bath & Body Works Cotton Blossom from the Signature Collection. When I heard about the new release of Sea Island Cotton I was excited. I knew that the scent would be a favorite of mine. I imagined it would resemble cotton blossom, but would have a seaside like scent to it, like cool water, or coconut, or lemon, and lime. I honestly didn't know what the new kick would be, but I thought it would be present, and that I would love it.
Bath and Body Works boldly stated that Sea Island Cotton was: "Pure white cotton flows in fresh ocean air. Soft. Clean. Heavenly.
Domestic."

When the scent hit the shelves I was the first in line to get a sniff of their trial sized bottle. The trial sizes have screw off tops, so I fumbled with the cap, and stuck my nose close to the edge...and...and...
Son of a bi***!!!!! It smelled just like Cotton Blossom! They frigging re-bottled the scent and are now trying to pass it off with a new name! This pissed me off, and I'm sure it pissed of a lot of fans of Cotton Blossom.
The scent was great, yes, I could not deny that, but the scent was the same, and therefore this voids the product out of being considered good. If Bath & Body Works had extra Cotton Blossom lying around that they wanted to get rid of, this was a really shallow way to do it.
Thats right, I'm saying that Sea Island Cotton is Cotton Blossom in a new container on the first initial sniff. I bought the $2 bottle anyway though, I wanted to take it home and test it before I completely went nuts.
I applied some to my legs, it glided on smooth and evenly. There was the scent though, that lovely scent I knew all too well. This definitely was cotton blossom, but as the lotion absorbed I smelled something else. It was Cotton Blossom with a hint of fresh cucumbers? Yes, cucumbers! How cucumbers are supposed to resemble the scent of a sea island is beyond me, but this was definitely the change in the scent. Vegetables.
After the lotion dried it seemed to be the strongest scent left behind. I smelled like a fresh cucumber salad. The Cotton Blossom scent was totally gone. I hate it!
This lotion, and all Signature Collection lotions I have ever used have never left my skin feeling hydrated, but the Signature Collection lotions always leave behind a lovely scent that lasts for quite some time. If you hate the scent though, it could be a killer to the senses. That's exactly what Sea Island Cotton was, a killer to the senses.
I don't see myself ever buying this product again in the future, the only way this stink would end up back in my hands would be if I was to get it as a gift. As of now it's one of those scents I hope they discontinue fast, and fill their shelves with something worth $9.50.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY:
You can of course buy this or at least sniff test it at any local Bath & Body Works. If you do not have one nearby you can purchase it online at www.bathandbodyworks.com for $9.50. However I would spend that $9.50 on the real Cotton Blossom, and not the one that smells like a cucumber salad.
Comes in an 8 ounce bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment