Thursday, July 31, 2014

Are the 100 Calorie Snacking Packs Any Good?

It's summer time, and I like most people are all on diets. We hope to squeeze our size 12+ behinds into a pair of short shorts or even a bathing suit before September. Remember though, it's never too late to start dieting. If summer passes, why not trim down for next summer? Losing weight not only makes you look, and feel better, but losing weight also energizes you. You don't have all of that extra meat to lug around, you become less tired, and you actually want to go out and do things.
My diet consists of eating a Lean Cuisine for Lunch and Dinner. But hey, I'm down with the goods man, I enjoy chocolate, and I love chips. My problem with bags of chips, and cookies, and chocolate is that I don't really monitor my intake. I needed something to monitor it, needed foods that I could eat without feeling guilty or eating the whole bag. Plus, I love snacking in between meals. Before my diet though most of my so called snacks consisted of pizza poppers, mozzarella sticks, cheese and crackers, oreos, you know the typical 'I'm going to make you large and in charge foods.'
I had to break free of this eating habit, break free of all things delicious, or did I?
I came across 100 calorie packs while browsing a local supermarket. I at first would shun these products only because I thought they'd give me the runs, and that they were way too expensive. However as time went on, I learned that buying these 100 calorie snacks were pretty dang cheap in super stores compared to super markets. Almost $1.50 cheaper.
I first found 100 calorie thin crisps in oreo. I bought the box for $2.00 at Walmart. Once I tried them, I actually liked them, they were light, crunchy, and had that Oreo taste that I loved. These cookies were by no means anything like having a real big fat Oreo cookie, but when one is on a diet, one is happy to have something with a chocolaty taste that resembles the real thing. I knew in order for my weight to continue to shed I had to eat these snacks sparingly, and that I couldn't sit there and eat all 6 packs in one sitting. I used complete self control, and only have 1 pack a day at around lunch time. I will now skip lunch and have just these. That's all I really need anyway to beat the hunger pangs.
Next on my 100 calorie pack shopping spree I bought the thin crisps chips a'hoy. Let me tell you, these are delish! They have that chocolate chip cookie flavor in a thin and crunchy chip. These are probably my favorite out of the thin crisps 100 calorie snacks.
You don't have to rid your diet completely of chocolate, you can even have butterfingers. Not real ones, but healthy ones in a 100 calorie pack. Each pack contains one stick. The box may fool you into thinking its pretzels filled with peanut butter. But it's not, it's a very thin cookie layer. The taste is actually really good, and is an excellent substitute to the real candy. It's much lighter, and you feel no guilt after eating one.
Hershey's is also present in the 100 calorie pack of snacks. They have added 100 calorie wafer bars, which are all really good. It's like one of those cheesy wafer cookies on steroids. Each box comes with 7 wafers, and you can find them at Walmart for about $2.50. The same price you'd pay for that fattening box of chocolates.
Beef Jerky has also jumped on board and joined the 100 calorie pack bandwagon. They have packs of beef jerky which are only 100 calories. I don't eat beef, not do I like it, but hey those who love their jerky, it's available in a monitored healthy 100 calorie snack.
Chips are also on the 100 calorie pack menu, I have come across pringle packs, sun chips, doritos, Cheeto's, and wheat thins. Crackers are also available. Yep, you can still eat your cheese nips!
Chocolate pieces are also sold in 100 calorie packs. I have seen Hershey snacksters, which are small bite sizes cookies and chocolate chips, there is also dark chocolate bars, Reese's pieces snacksters, mint chocolate and many more.
Whats great about 100 calorie packs is that you are aware of how much you are eating, and not over eating. It's very easy to grab a low fat bag of chips and eat the entire thing. Turns out eating the entire thing was just as bad as eating one that was not low in fat. Just because things are low in fat or fat free does not mean you should plow down the entire contents of it. Doing so will actually promote weight gain.
What I also love about 100 calorie packs is that you can eat about 2 a day and still loose weight, while not skipping lunch or dinner. I usually substitute my breakfast and lunch for a 100 calorie pack snack, along with some fruits, and then I have a Lean Cuisine for dinner.
However the best thing about 100 calorie packs is the intake. Once you are eating them for a few months you will know how much to eat of something that may not be in a 100 calorie pack. Instead of eating a whole bag of chips you now know for the most part just how many or how much you should be eating to maintain weight loss. Once you get into the routine of it, everything is up hill from there.
Each pack contains anywhere from 10-15 pieces. That's all you need anyway, and after awhile you will actually be satisfied on just that small portion.
Sitting their chowing on more than what you really need is just promoting weight gain.
I've so far been beyond happy with the 100 calorie packs I have tried so far. There are so many assorted packs for me to try still too. Us dieters are not subjected to only a handful of snacks, there is a whole slew of good healthy snacks for us to try. If I get bored of eating thin crisp oreos one day, I will have myself a 100 calorie pack granola bar.
It's a simple snacking plan to follow, and the 100 calorie pack foods are all easy to find. They boldly have the number 100 written on them. You cannot miss them, and usually they come in light colored boxes right next to their 'fatter' sisters.
Most 100 calorie packs come to around $2.00-$2.99. It's well worth it, and you will watch weight shed off of you in no time. With exercise on top of your diet you will loose weight even faster.
So far since I have been on my diet, I have taken off 15 pounds. It's not a real lot, but it's a hell of a lot better than gaining 15 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment