Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Bodycology Juicy Pomegranate Bath Bomb

I'm a huge fan of bath bombs. I want them all, I want to try them all, and I want to share my experiences with all.
I usually like to dive into Lush's online store to buy bath bombs, but the prices there are insane, and the shipping time is a bit much. Sometimes I just want them instantly, and don't like waiting a week for my bombs to come in the mail, not knowing what shape they will be in.
When I stumbled across Bodycology bath bombs in a local Walmart for only about $6 after taxes for 3 of them, I was in heaven. I bought every scent available, and was quite impressed with them. I had tried a few bodycology bombs in the past and had always been fond of them. Except for one hot little number.
Juicy Pomegranate smelled fantastic when I unscrewed the lid in the store and took a sniff. It was like fruit punch mixed with mango and carrots. Yes carrots! I could easily detect the scent; however mixed in with the other scents, it was actually quite pleasant. I liked it. I had never run across this scent before from Bodycology, so I of course had to have it. It seemed exotic compared to the usual scents I always run into.
PACKAGING:
Bodycology's bath bombs come in a large tube in sets of 3. Each bomb is a large 6.3oz and can be compared to a baseball. A yummy stinking baseball that is. These bombs also contained Aloe and Vitamin E. Nourishment for my skin! Oh boy! Each bomb in the tube is also sealed in a plastic wrap. This wrap is a little annoying to try to get open, but I usually run a razor across it, and it will tear a small slit, just enough for me to rip the rest off.
MY EXPERIENCE:
When I got home I ran my bath water, and plopped the large red ball into the tub. The ball started fizzing right on contact, and whirling around. As it melted though I was surprised by how things went down.
For one, the red dye in the ball was not mixing in with the water. Usually bath bombs colors will mix with the water creating a lovely colorful scented bath. Juicy pomegranate instead moved to the walls of the tub, and the color began to stain!
The red color gunk stuck to the tub was oily, and no matter how much I tried I could not get the stains off. I seriously thought it would stain the tub for good.
So here I am in the tub, scrubbing at the walls, and the bomb is still fizzing. I finally picked it up and threw it into the toilet. Oh great thinking! Now I have a toilet to clean after a bath. Lovely!
The red dye and oil slicks floated around the brim of the water doing absolutely nothing for my skin. The scent was also very subtle once it hit water. A giant dud was all this bomb was.
It was a major disappointment because I am in love with coconut lime bath bomb by Bodycology and their other scents. All of their bombs usually made the water feel like silk, and my skin feel like a cloud. I don't know if they made a bad batch or what; but Juicy Pomegranate is a huge disaster.
MY SKIN:
As I stepped out of the bath, my skin felt greasy, and dirty. It was disgusting. I had to take a shower just to rinse this oil sludge off of my body.
CLEAN UP:
The clean up was tedious, and removing of the red oily stains were not easy. I had to scrub the tub, and then move onto the toilet, which Juicy Pomegranate also stained. After the clean up I had to shower off again because I had just scrubbed a toilet bowl and felt gross.
WHERE TO BUY THEM?
You can get a great deal on them at any local Walmart, or on the official Bodycology site at www.bodycology.com.
OVERALL:
There are many bath bombs by this company, and all of them have proven to be nicely scented and moisturizing. However Juicy Pomegranate failed miserably. This is one bomb that they need to just discontinue. I honestly would rather have cereal floating in my tub like I got with Sugar Rush from Lush, than I would have a bomb stain my porcelain.
RECOMMENDATION:
Leave it alone!
It smells nice in its tube in the store, the size is also generous, the price is right, and it looks very tempting. You will be disappointed if you buy it though. Try a different scent from the company, these bath bombs work perfectly. They may be cheap, but they work just as well as a $10 bomb would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment