Thursday, July 31, 2014

TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Hair Spray Review

I have thick, thick hair. I'm talking caveman like thick. It takes me an hour just to straighten this pile of puff everyday. But in the summer time I tend to get lazy and not care much about sitting inside wasting an hour straightening my hair.
My summer look is simple. I pull it back, and wrap it into a bun to keep me cool. But my hair weighs a lot, and always has loose ends, or frizz. The solution is hair spray.
But when you style your hair in a tight, tight bun you have to be careful with hair spray. You see sometimes you will end up with dry rock like hair that leaves a white ashy residue behind. Immediately people will mistake this for an unwashed head filled with dandruff, so I always want to make sure I buy the best. There is nothing more embarrassing than having someone say 'hey, you got white things in your hair.'. When you go and take a look sure enough, you are covered with snow. Sigh.
I had tried White Rain hair sprays without success, and many other sprays without any success. I figured if I spent more money on sprays, I would get a better product.
When I came across a $15 bottle by Bed Head; a company I have used and liked before, I figured I couldn't go wrong.
The hairspray was called TIGI Bed Head Hard Head Hair Spray. Hmm... seemed okay. I didn't mind having a hard head (oh that sounded bad?), so long as the spray left my hair shiny, protected, and white flake free.
The can itself was tin like, with a large 10.6 ounce aerosol spray. I'm not fond of aerosol sprays as I seem to choke up while applying them, but they didn't have the pump spray option, so I was stuck buying this one. The can itself was about a foot tall , and I figured this spray would last me for months.
THE SCENT:
It smelled a lot of that chemical aerosol stink that I hate, but after drying, overall the scent was almost non existent. No matter, I wasn't really after scent, I was after hold.
USE:
The bottle says to hold it 10 to 12 inches away from your hair and let er' rip. So thats what I did. I sprayed my bun down a bit so it wouldn't loose it's look, ad I sprayed the top of my head to bring down any frizzy curls that decided to stick up.
Everything seemed to be working like a charm, until it dried. I didn't have any time to work with it. It seemed to dry on contact, so pushing my frizzes down resulted in my hand getting stuck and ripping up more frizz.
Okay so it would have been good spray if it didn't dry like ice instantaneously. My next spritz I worked a little faster, and was able to push down loose hairs that were sticking up. It worked. Yay!
I looked closely in the mirror, and there it was, all of that quick action and movement caused the one thing I was hoping it wouldn't. WHITE DUST!
There is nothing more I hate than white dust in my hair. That damn crud that looks like I have just walked in from a snow storm. I had no choice, I had to rush to work looking like an unwashed dirty headed bum!
Bed Heads Hard Head hair spray made it's way back to CVS after I got home. A waste of $15 indeed.
What was funny too was the promise on the can. Flexible, strong hold! Hah! What a joke. There was nothing flexible about this hairspray. Once it was sprayed in your hair it turned into a hard icky coating. It weighs down hair, and leaves it sticky and white. Blech.
RECOMMENDATION:
None. However could make for a good ghoulish effect for Halloween. Other than that avoid this one at all costs. It will leave you looking like you have a sever case of dandruff. Not a pretty sight at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment