Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Physicians Formula Baked Eye Shadow Baked Sands

Physicians Formula's Baked Eye Shadow was one of the first formulas I had ever seen that could be applied dry or wet. I have used wet formulas that never worked, and dry formulas that were too drying. When I saw that I had options with the Baked Collection I was more than impressed.
I could either apply as is in the container, or I could wet a brush and apply it dry. I could even wet a thin brush and apply the darker colors as eye liner. Pretty damn nifty if you ask me. What is even more nifty is that these eye shadows are actually baked on Italian terracotta tiles. Neat indeed. I had no idea eye shadows could be made by baking them.
I had quite a large selection of colors to choose from, each baked palate came with 3 different colors in matching hues, and an eye shadow applicator. I choose Baked Sands simply because browns tend to look best on my eyes. However there are summer fruit hues, darker colors, and playful fun flirty colors. You name it, the Baked Collection most likely will have it.
Baked Sands came with a very dark amber brown, a light sandy brown, and a pearly white. Each color looks like they are muffins that were baked and raised up as they cooked. Pretty creative seeing how they come from the 'Baked Collection'.
The price was on sale for $3.99, so I figured if it sucked it was not much of a huge loss.
I got home, pulled out my make-up applying mirror and began playing with the different colors. I placed the dark brown on the bottom, the sandy in the middle, and the pearl whit towards the eyebrow. The colors mixed flawlessly, and looked like I had just had a professional do up my eye. I had never in my life used such a silky moisturizing formula before, where colors effortlessly run into one another and blend perfectly. Usually when I would apply more than 2 colors I would look like a moron with rainbows on my eyes, or it would blend into a bruised look.
I wondered if over time the shadow would blend together and cause that crusty eye shadow line that all woman know all too well. You know, a clump of of shadow in the creases.
I can proudly report though that this does not, and will not occur with the Baked shadows. I was able to wear it all day without any clumps, or without any ugly smears, or needing to re-apply. I could simply brush on the 3 colors in a fast swooping manner, and the look would be complete. I can honestly say that the Baked shadows takes less than a minute of my time to apply.
After seeing how well Baked Sands worked when applied dry, I was more than excited to see how well it would work once I wet it and applied the darker amber brown as an eye liner. I honestly did not think that this would work at all, and assumed it would be one giant mess, and that it would ruin the make-up.
I dipped a very fine brush into water and ran it softly against the dark brown color bulb. The color attached to it like a frigging magnet. I swiped the color across my top lid, and watched as a fine line of color actually appeared on my lid. I was assuming this was going to be messy, but it was not at all.
I then did it again until I had my eye finished.
Ready for the best part? The eyeliner did not smear, or fade. It stood on my lid throughout the day, and looked wonderful.
The Baked Collection honestly cannot get any better. It is a 2 in 1 formula, and deserves way more recognition than what it gets. It has eliminated the need for other expensive eye shadows, and has also eliminated the need to match eye liners up with shadows, seeing how it can all be done right there in one compact make-up kit.
Baked Sands, and all of the Baked shadows all come in plastic compact dishes, that snap shut. They can be placed in your purse and can withstand some major abuse. The compact stays shut, and does not loosen up over time, so you do not have to worry about it snapping open and ruining the inside of your purse.
Issue:
One issue I have with Baked Sands is that the dark amber color is a bit too dark for my complexion. I have noticed that the Baked shadows all seem to add in one color far too dark for those with a lighter complexion. The only way the dark shadow looks acceptable is if you have a rocking tan to go along with it. On other non-tanned days it may appear a tad bit too dark. I could just use the 2 lighter colors, but they don't blend together as nicely as it would if you used all 3.
Get Baked!
Baked Collection can be found in any local drug store. Eckerd's and CVS sells them in all of the available colors. Anywhere else you may be stuck with only a few select colors.
Check out all available colors here at http://www.physiciansformula.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment