Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review Lush's New Champagne Supernova Bath Bomb

Even with Lush's high prices, I still find myself ordering from their site from time to time. I managed to avoid Lush for quite some time, but every time they release something new, I have to add it to my online shopping cart. It's a bad habit, and recently I find myself adding goods into the cart even when I am not particularly fond of the item description.
My last order was I managed to control myself and only spent about $55. I know that may be slightly high to those of you reading this, but trust me, my Lush orders usually tally into the $200 price range. Included in my last order, besides some soaps I have yet to try was also a Champagne Supernova bath bomb. It is one of their newest bombs to hit their online store.
I had been waiting for weeks for its release, and when it finally did release, I of course, had to have it. The bomb itself would be a messy one; I knew that. The entire thing has tiny pieces of paper confetti. Although I sometimes hate Lushs' after bath clean ups, this one seemed fun and unique. I wanted to fiesta in the bath, and I knew Champagne Supernova would bring me this fiesta.
According to the site, the bomb would also release a cocktail like scent with refreshing orange, and genuine cognac. I myself am not a drinker, but I figured why not give my skin a sip?
The bomb itself weighs in at the larger 6.3 ounces. Many of Lushs' bombs are smaller, so it was nice to see a new bomb made in the larger size. Champagne Supernova is also a lovely hot pink color. It was clear on the online picture that this ball didn't just have some confetti, this bomb was stuffed. The confetti was literately seeping out of the sides. I could not wait to take a dip with this one.
The bomb came sealed in the usual Lush UPS box. It was protected with some paper and the bomb itself was sealed in a bag, I guess to keep it fresh, and from flaking apart in transit.
The ball was large, and it did look like the bomb featured on their site, I knew cutting it would just be messy, so I was about to plop the entire 6.3 ounce bomb into the tub. A $5.95 bath; this had better be worth it! The scent was also nice, and I could detect a lime scent. Although it is supposed to have orange in it, I smelled nothing of the sort. However I knew that it's true scent would become more present once it was put to use.
I ran the tub water, and popped the ball into the water. Immediately it began to fizz up while releasing globs of colorful confetti and a gorgeous pink color into the bath water. The top of the bath water slowly became layered with a foamy pink coating. I knew tat once I hopped into the water though this lovely colored foam would vanish.
The water felt silky, so that was a plus. The scent however was very, very subtle, and to be honest I had to put my face up to the water to really intake it's scent. It was of course lime like. Sprite scented even. I liked it, but in all honesty it could have been amped up a few notches.
I felt the confetti running across my body, and it was a neat feeling. I knew though, that the clean up was going to be horrendous.
After soaking for a good 20 minutes or so, I got out, and surprisingly none of the confetti was stuck to my body. Yay! I thought I would be standing there naked picking pieces of paper off of myself for the next hour.
I drained the water, and sure enough I had quite the clean up in store for me. Some pieces managed to drain, but lots of the confetti was left behind. I scooped up quite a few of them, and ran the water again to create another mountain of paper. The clean up overall took me about 5 minutes. It wasn't too bad, and overall the bath had been nice; it just lacked that lovely smelling oomph.
My skin was soft and silky feeling, and remained that way for a few hours.
I enjoyed the bomb, like I said. But if the scent had a bit more kick it would definitely be a bomb that I would re-order. However seeing how there are so many bombs available that will leave skin soft, it in my opinion, is just not worth the $5.95 asking price.
Seeing how I have no choice but to order this one online (www.Lush.com), with the ridiculous shipping fees I will pass on it on my next order.
Recommendation:
It is a nice bomb, but honestly I would only buy it again if I had a store nearby. Paying $8.20 to have a $6.00 bomb shipped is just insane.
Ingredients (taken from lush.com):
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Perfume, Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), Cognac Oil (Vitis Vinifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), *Limonene, *Linalool, Paper Confetti, D&C Red No. 27,

No comments:

Post a Comment