Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Bath & Body Works Forever Frosting Lotion

I'm on a diet. I'm always on a freakin diet! But I love cupcakes, I love cake, I love pie...but my 'diet' does not allow me to eat such things. But this does not mean I have to deprive my senses of such glorious things. I consume these deliciously bad foods in other ways. On my body!
I am a huge fan of Bath & Body Works Temptations line. This line consist of lotions and bath products in scents realistic enough to make you drool. Ever since discovering the line, I have been on an endless quest to obtaining them all. My collection is every growing, and quite frankly getting a bit out of control.
ONE OF MY LATEST FEATS:
When I got my first initial sniff of Forever Frosting lotion, I was hooked. I first got the 3 in 1 bath gel, and had to wait some time before getting my hands on it's sister lotion. I guess this is a popular scent, because every time I went looking for it in my local store it would be sold out, and the clerk would always tell me to come back 'next week'.
I got sick and tired of hearing 'next week', but just as I was about to ask them to save me a bottle I found it myself. Sitting there on the shelf, hidden among the other lotions in the Temptation collection. 1 left. All for me. Thank you God!
SCENT:
It smelled exactly the way it should. It had a strong overpowering scent of fresh cupcakes covered in creamy vanilla frosting. Nothing fake about it! My mouth waters every time I apply this sweet treat to my skin. Now if I could only eat it...sigh.
PACKAGING:
This sweet little number can be difficult to spot in stores. It's labeling is sort of bland and it hides well on counters. The bottle itself is clear, but the lotion inside gives is a white color. The label has a lousy drawn picture of a cupcake with a swirl of frosting on it. There is really nothing attractive about the bottle, except for whats inside.
WHAT BATH & BODY WORKS SAYS:
IT'S MY TURN TO LICK THE BOWL. "I want the piece with all the frosting," she would brazenly declare. Not once did she apologize for her icing lust; not while stealing butter cream roses from wedding cakes or while enjoying a spoonful of frosting straight from the mixing bowl. "I love butter cream," she would say defiantly. "And I don't see why I shouldn't have it." Not surprisingly, no one had ever dared to disagree.
Imported.
COST:
You can pick up Forever Frosting for a steal at $8. Trust me it's well worth it, and once you try it, you too will be thinking you got it for a steal.
Bath & Body Works will sometimes put this lotion on sale, and you will be able to buy it for $5. As of now though, the price is still $8.
THE LOTION:
The lotion comes out from the top through a click up cap. There is approximately 10 ounces of lotion within the bottle. It is more than enough to last you for months.
The lotion itself is a thick creamy white. It is not too runny, nor too thick. It is the perfect consistency you would look for in a lotion.
MY USE:
I plopped a quarter amount blop into the palm of my hands and began rubbing the lotion on my legs. It does not take long to absorb into your skin, and it does not leave any greasy or oily feeling residue behind on your skin.
Within a few minutes after the lotion was fully absorbed, I smelled good enough to eat. I was in love with myself. The scent lasted for hours, which was a major plus. I have had lotions where the scent goes away within minutes. Temptations lotions tend to stick with you, and they last.
The downside was that the lotion did not really moisturize my skin. When buying this lotion though, I was not really seeking out for moisturization. I was after scent, and that is exactly what Forever Frosting gave to me.
I get complimented every time I wear this lotion, and it has totally eliminated the need to have to buy expensive perfumes for scent. I just slap on some cheap lotion, and that is all the perfume I need.
RECOMMENDED?
You betcha! However if you are looking for a lotion to provide lots of moisture to your skin, Forever Frosting is not for you. This lotion, like I said is solely for the scent.
GO GET SOME!
This lotion seems to be scarce in local stores, but if you happen to be in a Bath & Body Works be sure to ask if they have any in stock. If not you could always visit the Internet store to purchase this lotion. www.bathandbodyworks.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment